I didn't want to say anything but......

My cat's only 10 months old he's really small, too small to swallow entire CI LOL
No I wasn't drunk, nothing was happening to me only allergy start to kick in so my mind was foggy and I took tylenol for headache I did nothing more but watch tv, made homemade soap, cut out magazines and eat that day lol. It was plain boring day I wasn't drunk, wild, or anything just dumb allergy kicked in making everything a blur :lol:
I don't recall anything except taking CI off before I took tylenol in around noon, then I did what I said that day that's all.

That tells you something....

Not sure if this is any help but a mate of mine was hanging out the washing on old wire clothesline and his CI kept magneting onto the wire. If you have been around anything metal maybe your CI has latched onto that and is in some place not easliy noticable.

Did you have your head checked? (No pun intended)
:afro:

Homemade soap...?
:wiggle:

What?

Yeah homemade soap what's the big deal lol, its easy to do just melt clear or solid white brick it in microwave and pour in molding tray and add color, fragrance in it. Simple.

Jclarke, one major problem with that is that I don't remember if I picked it back up and carried with me to wherever I was that day (bedroom, kitchen, computer room and truck) or haven't touched it but somehow it got moved and remain very well hidden in living room.

since you mentioned you were in the truck, could you check under the seats or on the sides even inside the seat... you'll be surprised... smile as I always seems to find my earrings in the car.. lol.. i guess cause the seatbelt always knocked it out of my ear without feeling it..

good luck, your mom is right... i tend to find it the next day without looking for it.. lol..

My cat's only 10 months old he's really small, too small to swallow entire CI LOL
No I wasn't drunk, nothing was happening to me only allergy start to kick in so my mind was foggy and I took tylenol for headache I did nothing more but watch tv, made homemade soap, cut out magazines and eat that day lol. It was plain boring day I wasn't drunk, wild, or anything just dumb allergy kicked in making everything a blur :lol:
I don't recall anything except taking CI off before I took tylenol in around noon, then I did what I said that day that's all.

Please see above. This might struck you, try and remember that scene.

Jclarke, one major problem with that is that I don't remember if I picked it back up and carried with me to wherever I was that day (bedroom, kitchen, computer room and truck) or haven't touched it but somehow it got moved and remain very well hidden in living room.

See above post.

SkullChick said:
Yeah homemade soap what's the big deal lol, its easy to do just melt clear or solid white brick it in microwave and pour in molding tray and add color, fragrance in it. Simple.
When I say have you checked your head is all I'm saying that to trace your steps. I'm suspecting that you took the med after you took it off.

Well, I was just curious cuz its essential part of your life... except microwave. Making soap, even without electricity would be interesting, thats why I ask.
:topic:

Are you should the CI is not in the soap?????? That would be costly soap - CI soap in vanilla.

I hope you find it.

I'm trying to have some of sense of humor lol.
Well I suck, oh well, can't help but want to correct it, saying I'm engaged, and my day was nothing more than just watching tv, making homemade soap, went upstair to room to look thru magazine to cut out stuff to put in binder (sort of like scrapbooking but for beauty stuff haha) then went to computer room and then we got in truck to go somewhere but we turned around to go back home for something so we never got out of truck anywhere but home, then that's when I realized my CI's gone so we spend rest of afternoon and night looking for it, next day night too but nothing so we gave up yesterday. My mom always say "Don't try look for it, it'll turn up" or "its always staring right at you but you just don't see it so try look for most obvious place" when I lose stuff but I just CAN'T think of extremely obvious "How did I not see that?? Its in most obvious place" kind of stuff lol so I figured I'd give what my mom say a try see if it work. That or completely emptied the entire house out to find it LOL.
Today's depressing day because I'm really missing sounds, and last night was very good lightning storm BUT I missed it!!! Cuz of CI being missing AHHH! I've been waiting for it since I got activated to hear lightning ugh! And also we went to couple of animal shelters and there was million of adorable dogs and they bark, howl, whimper and makes noise BUT I missed it all out!!! I want to hear those bad my week definately sucked!

Er...can you remember when you last heard things? That may give you a clue when and where you might have gotten separated from it.

Please see above. This might struck you, try and remember that scene.

See above post.

Look at my coment again, its referring to what I said about when I took it off, yes I took it off BUT I don't remember if I pick it back up in my hand and carried it to somewhere else from where it was originally in place OR it was there BUT someone/something moved it or cat stole it from where it was.
I did looked thru truck, living room, kitchen everywhere you name it I did looked. And how many time do I need to repeat myself that I do not recall, rememeber or none of it about where it might be, when I last held it in my hand, what sound I heard before I took it off, nothing so it mean I can't retrace my steps since I already looked thru everything.
Why? Because I had allergy started up that day and my mind was foggy so everything was blur.

Anyways....
I miss my CI :( I kept feeling my head cuz it feel naked without coil on it, few time I'll look to see my left ear in mirror expecting to see it because I forgot its not there, and I get this phantom sensation of CI processor sitting on my ear when I know its not there its weird and sucked.

Look at my coment again, its referring to what I said about when I took it off, yes I took it off BUT I don't remember if I pick it back up in my hand and carried it to somewhere else from where it was originally in place OR it was there BUT someone/something moved it or cat stole it from where it was.
I did looked thru truck, living room, kitchen everywhere you name it I did looked. And how many time do I need to repeat myself that I do not recall, rememeber or none of it about where it might be, when I last held it in my hand, what sound I heard before I took it off, nothing so it mean I can't retrace my steps since I already looked thru everything.
Why? Because I had allergy started up that day and my mind was foggy so everything was blur.

Anyways....
I miss my CI :( I kept feeling my head cuz it feel naked without coil on it, few time I'll look to see my left ear in mirror expecting to see it because I forgot its not there, and I get this phantom sensation of CI processor sitting on my ear when I know its not there its weird and sucked.

Alright, your call.

I'm trying to have some of sense of humor lol.
Well I suck, oh well, can't help but want to correct it, saying I'm engaged, and my day was nothing more than just watching tv, making homemade soap, went upstair to room to look thru magazine to cut out stuff to put in binder (sort of like scrapbooking but for beauty stuff haha) then went to computer room and then we got in truck to go somewhere but we turned around to go back home for something so we never got out of truck anywhere but home, then that's when I realized my CI's gone so we spend rest of afternoon and night looking for it, next day night too but nothing so we gave up yesterday. My mom always say "Don't try look for it, it'll turn up" or "its always staring right at you but you just don't see it so try look for most obvious place" when I lose stuff but I just CAN'T think of extremely obvious "How did I not see that?? Its in most obvious place" kind of stuff lol so I figured I'd give what my mom say a try see if it work. That or completely emptied the entire house out to find it LOL.
Today's depressing day because I'm really missing sounds, and last night was very good lightning storm BUT I missed it!!! Cuz of CI being missing AHHH! I've been waiting for it since I got activated to hear lightning ugh! And also we went to couple of animal shelters and there was million of adorable dogs and they bark, howl, whimper and makes noise BUT I missed it all out!!! I want to hear those bad my week definately sucked!

Guess what, I can't find my check book box. I opened it few months ago but I forgot where did I put it. Jeeze !! Hope not, I have a senile. :lol:

I can imagine how frustration you are for not hearing any sounds. :( Wow, we are in the same boats lover the animals. Katie (puppy) rubbing all over my face when I got home at midnight from work. She lick all over my face, can't sleep. She slept in between of my legs to keep me warm. Oh yeah, she is very affectionate dog ! Begale does not bark, it sounds like wolf. Interesting..

Do not give up to look for your CI? Sit down and think careful where did you put it before you did go shower or other errands to do.

Skullchick,

I know you said you looked everywhere and I'm sure you have and will keep looking. I lost a rechargeable battery several months ago and have never found it. I think it fell out of my coat pocket when I got out of the car at an auto parts store. I have retraced my steps several times with nothing ever found. I got really lucky. Cochlear sent me a new one free of charge. I happened to loose it before my 1 year warranty was up. Maybe I'll head back soone to see if I can find it since the snow has finally melted. Sure it will be junk by now but still wonder where it went.

Have you look through all your clothing pockets, jackets and especially anything that goes in the washer. Stuff you wouldn't normally wear. Check the floor of your closet, under your frig and stove. If you have a small cat, they will play with stuff until they can no longer reach it or take a nap. CI's may be water resistant but a washer is sure to mess it up. I really hope you find it. I know how it is just to have a battery die and not have a back up let alone loose the processor. My nite stand is the only place I take my CI off without sticking it to something metal like the frig, tool box or in my pocket.

Personal Experience - As far as checking pockets, I had a friend watch my house several years ago and she lost my keys the last day she picked up mail and fed my pets. For months she could not find them. They were not in my house or in the yard. They lived across the street. She finally found the keys 2-3 months later in a pocket of the jacket she wore the last time she fed my pets and she totally forgot that she wore it. I guess it was a jacket she did not normally wear.

Second personal experience with cats - My work requires me to wear a badge and 6-8 years ago, I could not find it so went to work for about a month getting a pass every day. Finally got a new badge and about a month later, could not find that one either but knew it was on the counter the last time I saw it. Now pissed off that I managed to loose 2 badges in 3 months and sure could not go back to the security office telling the same story so I tore my house appart. Under the stove that probably had not been moved in 15 years were tons of milk tops, paper scraps, cat food, dog food, probably a pound of dirt and of course, both of my work badges. I had previously moved the frig from the wall and used a flash light under the stove and didn't see any badge. Several weeks later, guess what? My badge was again under the stove but this time I looked there first. Damn Cat. Still have it and my kids love it. Heck, it probably helps them clean their room. Wonder what is under their beds.

I really hope you are able to find the processor and everything works out.

BTW, check your dryer box?

Will Cochlear give you the option of changing out the mini for a regular CI? I know they sometimes do this with the coil and magnets for longer or stronger ones.

Steve

*Tousi peeking in to see how the CSI crew is doing* :io:

Oh you poor thing -

I have been there a few times, scrambling around to find my CI. The last time, I lost it for 2 months. I started to accept that I will have to live without my CI.

One day when I decided I would go for a long walk, I went to grab my waist purse to put my keys in. Guess what I found? :giggle: I put it there on my last walk which was on January 1.

Hang in there girl - Im sure it will pop up when you stop looking for it :fingersx:

Oh you poor thing -

I have been there a few times, scrambling around to find my CI. The last time, I lost it for 2 months. I started to accept that I will have to live without my CI.

One day when I decided I would go for a long walk, I went to grab my waist purse to put my keys in. Guess what I found? :giggle: I put it there on my last walk which was on January 1.

Hang in there girl - Im sure it will pop up when you stop looking for it :fingersx:

Might be a good idea to get in the habit of putting away the CI in a safe place.....the exact same place all the time

Update:
No luck so far so I emailed to my audiologist few days ago and today we both decided to get emergency appt this tuesday to get my back up Mini BTE programs in it so I can I use it until new replacement arrive after we order it on our appointmnent. She said they'll replace for free but only one time only. So I better take better care of it and treat it like its some kind of rare rainbow diamond or something crazy so I don't lose it like this way again.

Back