I can't always lip-read you, and please stop shouting

Before you buy anything my suggestion is to check with your state agency the name of which varies from state to state. Many, including Illinois where I live, have programs where if your ENT or audi certify that you need it to use the phone you can get a TTY free.

What I have used and really like for my cell phone rather than connecting an additional device is http://www.innocaption.com/. Visit their site and really read it all as they have really complete information there. There is nothing to buy and I have found really good accuracy for both outgoing and incoming calls.

both Caption phones (like the one in your link and CapTel) and TTY relay can do VCO. Captioned phones rely on it solely while TTY relay can do either with or without VCO.

You can get CapTel phones free from your state if they do it as well. The one I have from 10 years ago I got for free from North Carolina.

Don't let either of us influence you in what to get.. do what you think is best for YOUR situation. TTY may work fabulously for Jane, VRS may work... great for me but doesn't mean it will for everyone.

both Caption phones (like the one in your link and CapTel) and TTY relay can do VCO. Captioned phones rely on it solely while TTY relay can do either with or without VCO.

You can get CapTel phones free from your state if they do it as well. The one I have from 10 years ago I got for free from North Carolina.

Don't let either of us influence you in what to get.. do what you think is best for YOUR situation. TTY may work fabulously for Jane, VRS may work... great for me but doesn't mean it will for everyone.

Ducky you did a good job of explaining this in my opinion. I was so focused on sharing details of what I use that I did not do that good a job making sure it was understood that just because it is my favorite it may not be someone else's.

I will most likely look into all three, vrs, try, and cap tel. I don't know what one I will like. :) thank you for the information it is very helpful.

BTW- you can also use VCO with VRS (as noted in a lot of threads here lol).

So quite a few options- but that will depend on your signing ability/reception too. I just happen to like VRS for now as it's a bit faster than TTY and much faster than CapTel (in my own experience).

Back