I am tired of feeling alone :(

I been thinking we do not a lot about the OP background or culture, some cultures are OK with girls dating young and getting married young. This could be why the parents are asking why their daughter does not have a b/f yet .
:dunno:
Maybe. But usually cultures that marry off young daughters don't believe in dating; they do arranged marriages.

Maybe. But usually cultures that marry off young daughters don't believe in dating; they do arranged marriages.

Yeah ,I thought of that too , and thought maybe the parents are not a strict other parents are. I am just guessing of course . But I feel bad for the OP having her parents keep reminding their daughter she does not have a b/f yet.

Yeah ,I thought of that too , and thought maybe the parents are not a strict other parents are. I am just guessing of course . But I feel bad for the OP having her parents keep reminding their daughter she does not have a b/f yet.

Assuming she's being honest. Not too many tell the truth online....mainly it's exaggerated or fabricated or just their version of events, not the whole story....you can never tell....

Assuming she's being honest. Not too many tell the truth online....mainly it's exaggerated or fabricated or just their version of events, not the whole story....you can never tell....

Yeah , it could be some teenagers that are bored with nothing to . A friend and I use look up phone # and call people and ask them silly questions when we where bored.

Yeah , it could be some teenagers that are bored with nothing to . A friend and I use look up phone # and call people and ask them silly questions when we where bored.

I used to call random numbers on from the phone book and have my brother scream into the phone when someone answers. We were that bored at home d uring the summers.

I used to call random numbers on from the phone book and have my brother scream into the phone when someone answers. We were that bored at home d uring the summers.

We should ask a person if their refrigerator "was running" and the person would say "Yes" then we would say "will you better go get it". I know this was so dumb but we where bored teenagers .

:lol: the good old days before Caller ID.

:lol: the good old days before Caller ID.
They had Caller ID back then!! I got in trouble from it!

Back when I was younger, those old phonebooths. LOL this one place we kids used to hang out at had one of those old phone booths. we couldn't get a number to work, so for the heck of it, we'd call 911 and when we heard someone on the other end, we'd hang up. We'd all be laughing, and then all the sudden the phone was ringing, scared shitless, we'd run and an adult nearby would answer the phone to find out what we were doing. The 911 Operator was able to call the phone we were calling from. LOL This was before Caller ID became common in homes. Oh man, we'd all get in trouble.

Sorry for going OT =P

I was talking like the 70s and early 80s before caller ID was available to the public.

We would call our own phone number just to made the phone ring. There was a way we call our phone right from home.

I think we did that a few times too to aggravate my mom. Gosh, my brother and I were bad! :)

I remembered doing that as a kid and I dialed the house number (before cell phone days) when no one is around. It would ring and ring.. and I watch my mom comes to pick up the phone and says hello?... hello?... then hung up.

Memories!

I think we did that a few times too to aggravate my mom. Gosh, my brother and I were bad! :)

I remembered doing that as a kid and I dialed the house number (before cell phone days) when no one is around. It would ring and ring.. and I watch my mom comes to pick up the phone and says hello?... hello?... then hung up.

Memories!

Do you remeber how you did it, I can't it was sooo long ago.

Hide and Sneek was the best game ever when i was little! we had a huge yard so there was alot of hiding places that me my brother sister and our friends were play. so much fun to do!

Yeah, it's pretty much like you're picking up the phone and dial.

Pick up the phone, dial your own number.. hang up. Let it ring, someone come up to answer it thinking someone is calling. :)

Those good ole days before technology...

The fun we had...

My friend taught me how to do that but I don't remember anymore. There were special instructions to do it otherwise it wouldn't work. I remember I had to dial then listen for beep then hang up at the right time.

EDIT: I googled to see if I could find out. Other people were talking about that too in a forum, one person said: "When I was a kid, to get all the phones in the house to ring, we would dial 550-xxxx on our rotary dial phone and hang up, with xxxx being the last 4 numbers of our phone number."

Back in the late 80s, early 90s. I had this one old guy that was a friend of my family by the name of Fred, he got me hooked on computers. He used to tease me with his damn computer. he had found a sound clip of an actual telephone ring. He'll play the sound clip and actually make me get off my butt and answer the phone.

me - "Hello?"
me - "Hello?"
me - looks to Fred, "I can't hear anything on the phone. Take this"
Fred - talks on the phone
me - me look at my hearing aids thinking my hearing aid battery went dead, put in new battery.
Fred - "it's your mom, she wants to talk to you"
me - "Hi, mom! What you doing?"
phone - ..... silence..

Then it hit me that he was teasing me.

Then he starts laughing. I wanted to kick him. LOL

Back in the late 80s, early 90s. I had this one old guy that was a friend of my family by the name of Fred, he got me hooked on computers. He used to tease me with his damn computer. he had found a sound clip of an actual telephone ring. He'll play the sound clip and actually make me get off my butt and answer the phone.

me - "Hello?"
me - "Hello?"
me - looks to Fred, "I can't hear anything on the phone. Take this"
Fred - talks on the phone
me - me look at my hearing aids thinking my hearing aid battery went dead, put in new battery.
Fred - "it's your mom, she wants to talk to you"
me - "Hi, mom! What you doing?"
phone - ..... silence..

Then it hit me that he was teasing me.

Then he starts laughing. I wanted to kick him. LOL

If the phone did not ring and it was his computer "ringing" wouldn't your phone at the time be making the dial tone sound instead of silent?

I had old analog hearing aids and I didn't know anything about T-coil back then. So I used my normal hearing to try to listen in to the call. I was still learning how to use a phone and wasn't familiar with the sounds that comes from it.

yea but young kids priorities a lot different now than when we were 15. it's a very different world.

Back