I am thinking about getting the Dash from Tmoblie..

:giggle: :giggle: I got you hooked to it huh???? I saw that at Tmo store and saw it. I like it. It is nice and it has more features (a few more than SK3 does). The price isn't bad at all!

I wanna get that when my SK2 dies or being dumb ass etc...I am not too worry at this moment!

yea it is a good one.... its aka is HTC Excalibur ! it is made by HTC.

Last edited:
Yes you did! :giggle:

:giggle: :giggle: I got you hooked to it huh???? I saw that at Tmo store and saw it. I like it. It is nice and it has more features (a few more than SK3 does). The price isn't bad at all!

I wanna get that when my SK2 dies or being dumb ass etc...I am not too worry at this moment!

my bf is thinking about getting one after his contract for the SK1 (yep he still has it! :shock:) expires in july... i think they are nice... and less complicated??? (IMHO)...

Hmm... looks nice. What's the price for the service? Can you get it for the same $30 as Sidekick does?

I did asked the lady at the Tmo when I paid the bill. She said it's same as my SK2. Not bad! :)

I checked the device, it is neat toy! I did compared Dash and SK3 features. So Dash has 2 or 3 more than what SK3 offer. :) I also wanted something different than common devices. I would like to have a Treo but it don't have AIM or YM. So I found Dash, and saw AIM on it. Three things that I must have on my list, AIM (or any commutation), Text and E-mail. If AIM is down, I always can use text or Email till AIM or Yahoo or whatever is back up running.

You could check their website for more information as well if you wanted more info. :thumb:

Hmm... looks nice. What's the price for the service? Can you get it for the same $30 as Sidekick does?

I looked tmobile plan and deafpager, it would be 49.99 monthly I dont find 29.99 but Blackberry and Sidekick plan only :???:

You could check out Cingular BlackJack since it almost simlar to TMoblie Dash and they have TAP plan for deaf but blackjack have no WIFI built in.

My hearing brother own a Tmoblie Dash and he said he like Dash very much better than his old Treos smartphone.

I did test a Sprint IP Relay software on Dash but it crashed with error so you would have to use AIM or MSN to make relay calls on Dash but maybe now Sprint newer version works on Dash. I have not test it lately.

Bill

I did test a Sprint IP Relay software on Dash but it crashed with error so you would have to use AIM or MSN to make relay calls on Dash but maybe now Sprint newer version works on Dash. I have not test it lately.

Bill

So you are saying that DASH can not SUPPORT IP relay on it? I am in the middle of debating either DASH or BBerry 8800 or Tmobile's 8820 with camera when it comes out. My question is that I wonder if DASH supports IP Relay or not? You think BBerry 8800 and its successors support IP Relay? What about the IP-Relay that people currently use on SK's? Would that be supported or able to be downloaded on 1 or both fones?

TIA!

Last edited:
So you are saying that DASH can not SUPPORT IP relay on it? I am in the middle of debating either DASH or BBerry 8800 or Tmobile's 8820 with camera when it comes out. My question is that I wonder if DASH supports IP Relay or not? You think BBerry 8800 and its successors support IP Relay? What about the IP-Relay that people currently use on SK's? Would that be supported or able to be downloaded on 1 or both fones?

TIA!

Dash OS is Windows Mobile 5 (WM5) so you will need to use WM5 supported relay software and all I know is that there is Sprint IP which was programmed for WM5 phones and does not work fully on all WM5 phones. Or you have to use AIM / MSN relay supported services on WM5 phones.

IP relay? You speak of IP-Relay.com correct? I went to thier website and they only seem to offer Blackberry OS and Sidekick. I don't see a WM5 software on their website so no they do not support WM5 phones like Dash but you can use AIM or MSN on Dash to make relay call using ip-relay.

Bill

TIA!

window mobile 5.0 or 6.0 on any pda or smartphone with come with MSN Pocket. that means that it includes MSN messenger. you can add "my ip relay" onto contact list in there so it is just same as sk2.

personally i have agile messenger on my 8125 that comes with ~9 instant messengers so i have used AIM, MSN im and Yahoo IM. i usually call ppl through ip-relay and several hearing friends call me thur that also.

there is no different on my ip-relay between that and the one on sk2.

window mobile 5.0 or 6.0 on any pda or smartphone with come with MSN Pocket. that means that it includes MSN messenger. you can add "my ip relay" onto contact list in there so it is just same as sk2.

personally i have agile messenger on my 8125 that comes with ~9 instant messengers so i have used AIM, MSN im and Yahoo IM. i usually call ppl through ip-relay and several hearing friends call me thur that also.

there is no different on my ip-relay between that and the one on sk2.

Or he can try this Sprint IP relay software coded for Windows Mobile 5.0 at

http://www.sprintrelay.com/download/wm

It works on ppc 6700 etc but older version did crash on my brother Dash but today I download and I notice it newer now file date 1/22/07 so it may be much improve than before.

I will see if I can get time today to go to my hearing brother house and ask him try newer Sprint IP Relay on his Dash see if it works now without crash.

Bill

I tried the latest version WM5.0 Sprint IP Relay 1.2.23 on my brother Tmobile Dash and it still crashes when starting up the program so it still doesn't work on Dash WM5.0

I think it becasue Dash uses WM5.0 smartphone OS which does not have touch screen feature on it and Sprint IP Relay may be coded for touchscreen PDA WM5.0 so it errors out and crashes on smartphones but not on PDA.

Tmobile Dash user will have to use AIM or MSN to make relay calls.

WM5.0 Sprint IP Relay works fine on my Cingular 8525.

Bill

I did asked the lady at the Tmo when I paid the bill. She said it's same as my SK2. Not bad! :)

I checked the device, it is neat toy! I did compared Dash and SK3 features. So Dash has 2 or 3 more than what SK3 offer. :) I also wanted something different than common devices. I would like to have a Treo but it don't have AIM or YM. So I found Dash, and saw AIM on it. Three things that I must have on my list, AIM (or any commutation), Text and E-mail. If AIM is down, I always can use text or Email till AIM or Yahoo or whatever is back up running.

You could check their website for more information as well if you wanted more info. :thumb:

such as??? :hmm:

such as??? :hmm:

You can do alots with WM5.0 devices (MDA / Dash / Blackjack / PPC 6700 / 8125 / 8525 etc) and there are hunderds of software avaiable for it. Lot of free download software and payware one too.

If you read up on website there a way to connect Dash to your laptop and surf on the internet using laptop.

You can sync emails or find an exchange server and keep the email and contacts the same between WM5.0 devices and your desktop computer.

I think the problem with Sprint Relay IP on Dash is that is software require Landscape mode and Dash is not a flip type of phone where the screen goes into landscape mode when the keyboard is slide out.

Bill

You can do alots with WM5.0 devices (MDA / Dash / Blackjack / PPC 6700 / 8125 / 8525 etc) and there are hunderds of software avaiable for it. Lot of free download software and payware one too.

If you read up on website there a way to connect Dash to your laptop and surf on the internet using laptop.

You can sync emails or find an exchange server and keep the email and contacts the same between WM5.0 devices and your desktop computer.

I think the problem with Sprint Relay IP on Dash is that is software require Landscape mode and Dash is not a flip type of phone where the screen goes into landscape mode when the keyboard is slide out.

Bill

i never use those types of relays... the last relay i used was AT&T and DETESTED IT!!! i now use SIPRelay via IM and LOVE IT!!! (don't need to use GA or SK)... just communicate like hearing people do... you can also save important conversations, and lastly, you can talk to your friends at the same time which is a BIG PLUS! :thumb:

Back