I am home now...

MilitaryGirl83

Reaction score
I had the CI surgery for my left ear..it went well. It was at 7:30 am in the morning. I had to be there at 6 am in the morning so my fiancee' was being there for me the whole time. I was so nervous and the nurse comforted me in the surgery room as I had the gas mask on me.. it made me feel numb and sleepy. I didn't know when I passed out but I remembered that I woke up in the recovery room and he was there.. it made me smile. However, he told me things that I rarely remember is that I was in alot of pain and I asked for more morphine but it didn't work.. just only to make me sleepy.. so the nurse gave me something else and I was awake. I do remember that my doctor came to check on me to make sure I was ok and I tried to eat food but I had to go to the bathroom and throw up. It was awful. I was so nausea the whole time so I am on anti-nauesa medicine for now. I stayed at the hospital overnight but it wasn't great because I was in alot of pain and couldn't eat anything. My fiancee' also stayed the night with me.. he slept on the couch.. he didn't sleep much because he was worried about me! :aw: Anyways, I got released in the morning and I went to stay at my mom's house for a week to take care of me. I was in so much pain and rested as much as I could. I am just happy to be finally at home with my rabbit whom my fiancee' cared for while I was away. I am doing ok.. just only had a bit of bowel movement on monday but none since then. I tried the fiber pills but it didn't work for me so I emailed my doctor about that so we will see what she says. I am still in some pain especially in the ear and the pitching pain from the surgery once in a while but other than that I am doing good.. just try not to do too much and take it easy. I have follow up on the 28th of Jan then I will get the activation date so I will let you guys know how it goes. Some of my hearing is gone and I can't hear anything but it is worth it because the CI will be alot more better for me to hear.. I can't wait.. I am so excited!

Thank you for the prayers and thoughts for me! :ty:

God-speed ur good health and pain-free....hope it all works out excellent!

Back