Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1

metalangel

Reaction score
Has anyone else seen it? I saw it tonight at a theatre with D-Box seats that vibrate and move along with the action. Explosions make them shake violently, whenever they're riding in an aircraft you can feel it gliding through the air, it's a weird feeling at first but you quickly get used to it.

I can't wait to see how it ends in Part 2. I like how nobody is superhuman or guaranteed to survive, and how much effort has gone into making the locations feel like real, lived-in places. Yes, there's CGI, but most of the movie is real people moving in the real world, and that's all too rare for action movies nowadays.

One of the new characters is an 'Avox' (who was punished by the Capitol by having his tongue removed) and uses ASL to talk to his brother. It's only very brief - he says to his brother that Katniss is beautiful and his brother agrees, but I thought it was a nice touch.

having read all the books, it will be interesting to see how close it comes to the original...

I too have read all the books and can not wait til it comes out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I missed my chance to see it in theratres

Back