How touching.....

CatoCooper13

Reaction score
This is for pet lovers -- how did all of you do in paying honours to our beloved pets who have passed on to Animal Heaven?

Just a few days ago, my Dad in law planted a Lemon Meyer tree in front of where his beloved Jack Russell Terrier, Happy, was buried. (for those who don't know what happened -- Happy was hit and killed by a car 2 weeks ago and she was only 12 years old.)

The reason for the Lemon Meyer tree is because the lemons are shaped like tennis balls and Happy's passion was chasing and chewing up tennis balls. I reckon it's a fitting honour for Happy. RIP Happy.

Wow, how sweet. I've only ever buried cats in the garden in a particular spot. I think a flower or plant was planted on that very spot as well.

awwwwwwwwwwww Waterrats13 THATS soo sweettttt well u know he will always be loved! no matter where he is!

It's sad to absorb having a beloved pet/animal being fatality hit by a vehicle... :tears:

That's really inspirational and a very heartfelt thing to do by planting a specific kind of tree reminiscing what Happy's passion was!

javapride said:
awwwwwwwwwwww Waterrats13 THATS soo sweettttt well u know he will always be loved! no matter where he is!

Happy's a female -- not a male! Just FYI'ing you. ;)

I love jack russel dogs they are so much fun and smart
I am sorry this one was killed by a car but good way to honor the dog
good idea

Lovely thing to do in memory of Happy.

Today my daughter Tara's friend Sarah asked us to come over to see her, and we went there and learnt the awful truth that her three months old puppy Jack (he is our puppy Emma's brother) was killed by car earlier this morning, and I went to buy her a Pet Sympathy Card and a key ring of teddy bear toy with Sarah written on it to cheer her up as her face was red from crying.

RedRum said:
Lovely thing to do in memory of Happy.

Today my daughter Tara's friend Sarah asked us to come over to see her, and we went there and learnt the awful truth that her three months old puppy Jack (he is our puppy Emma's brother) was killed by car earlier this morning, and I went to buy her a Pet Sympathy Card and a key ring of teddy bear toy with Sarah written on it to cheer her up as her face was red from crying.

:cry: Oh no...that's such sad news, especially a 3 month old puppy...Hope Sarah will recover from this sad tragedy of losing her beloved puppy, Jack. :grouphug:

Rotty said:
good idea

Yeah...in truth, I never had a Jack Russell before and Happy was the first I met when I moved to Australia where I currently live. I came to really adore Happy and yes, you're right...Jack Russells are quite intelligent dogs and funny, too!

I always had great fun playing ball with Happy as she was NEVER tired of playing with tennis balls and ALWAYS brought the balls back to me so I'd throw it for her to chase! :lol:

Plus, she loved having her back scratched by me -- if I stopped scratching, she'd jump onto me and paw me...indicating she didn't want me to stop! ;)

WaterRats13 said:
The reason for the Lemon Meyer tree is because the lemons are shaped like tennis balls and Happy's passion was chasing and chewing up tennis balls. I reckon it's a fitting honour for Happy. RIP Happy.

I like that reason!! impressive idea!
sorry about passed on... its hard to lose a pet or pets, just like family passed on...

Rotty said:
good idea
Hey! I thought you love Rottweillers????
anyways..welcome to Alldeaf! ;)

I feel crying when I read your posts.... :ugh: :tears: because I thought about my darling 17 years old cat "Sussi".
She´ll be 18 years old this July... I can´t image to live without her...
We all love her real dearly like our own baby.... We hope that she stay alive longer....
Pray for us....
We already talked about what we do with her... We will buried her at her favorite place at our garden where she always sit.... :tears:

Liebling:-))) said:
I feel crying when I read your posts.... :ugh: :tears: because I thought about my darling 17 years old cat "Sussi".
She´ll be 18 years old this July... I can´t image to live without her...
We all love her real dearly like our own baby.... We hope that she stay alive longer....
Pray for us....
We already talked about what we do with her... We will buried her at her favorite place at our garden where she always sit.... :tears:

:grouphug: I know how you feel. It's always hard losing a loved family pet. I consider pets as part of the family and they give complete unconditional love, not matter what.

awww gurl! i am very sowwy to hear abt that... oh yea this dog will be with other dogs in heaven!!! :)

TweetyBird said:
awww gurl! i am very sowwy to hear abt that... oh yea this dog will be with other dogs in heaven!!! :)

Yeah and I bet she's having heaps of fun chasing unlimited numbers of tennis balls up there. ;)

You know there are pet cemetaries? cool, huh? I saw a nice big pet cemetary in Buffalo, NY and it was awesome! We looked at some of them and most of them have pictures of dogs and cats! That shows how much people treasure their pets to put them in a special place like this pet cemetary..it was so beautiful!!

Awww, WaterRats...that is a beautiful gesture that was made to Happy. We lost a cat last summer...the mother of my cat now - she got sick rather suddenly and was dead two days later. We are convinced that she had some sort of a blockage inside...not sure what happened. Perhaps she discovered a bone on the floor and ate it or swallowed something she wasn't supposed to.

But...Betsy (our cat) at the time she died, was a new mother. Her kittens were only about six weeks old. Lucky, her first born, a male, went to my sister in law's house. Brownie, her second, and a female, was taken by our next door neighbors on one side, Moxie was third, also female, is the one we kept, and Diablo, her last one, a black male was taken by the neighbors on the other side.

We could have kept any one of them we wanted, but I had a special liking for Moxie. Betsy had the most trouble delivering Moxie, out of the four. i had to assist her, cut the cord separating mother and kitten, tie it off (all this while I was running back and forth from the computer trying to figure out emergency deliveries). Anyway...all four kittens made it out just fine, and Betsy was a wonderful mommy cat...until she started feeling sick. She refused to nurse them, she hissed at them and basically didn't want anything to do with them. We are assuming it is because she was being maternal and didn't want her kittens to get sick? Or she knew something was wrong with her?

Hmmm...anyway...we kept Moxie because of the four, Moxie looks the most like her. Almost a mirror image!!! Soooo...that, plus the kitty's personality...my gosh, it was kind of like Betsy all over again. Only Moxie is much more playful (she fetches, like a doggy would!) and much more affectionate. :)

Anyway, I've rambled off the topic...I'm sorry...point of this is to say we still have Betsy in our hearts, and her clone running around chasing pairs of socks. :) I will always miss that cat. Always...but ah, I know she's probably wrestling with Happy somewhere up there, isn't she? :)

Hugs,
Malfoyish

That's very touching :tears: my mom did the same thing with our family cat, Penny who died in 1998 with old age. She was 17. Mom planted a beautiful white/pinkish flower tree (I forget the name of it) and buried Penny next to it. It was very nice of your father-in-law to do that. That's really sweet. :grouphug:

Back