How to talk to him?

Hockey94

Reaction score
Hey,

So I never really have been in a relationship before, and there is this guy I like, and I'm pretty sure he likes me as well.

I barley know him, but I sit at the same table with him in English. He sits across me, so I feel nervous - I rarley ever talk except to my friend who sits besides me. Othertimes, I can't follow what is being said usually, and on a side note, I have auditory processing as well.

I noticed though from what appears to him talking about something funny, he seems to look at me for a reaction and I feel guilty, because I don't know what was said.

I'm pretty sure he doesn't know about my condition but might know if he has seen me hand over my F.M to the math teacher. (Yes, I have two classes with him, but in Math, he sits behind me a few rows back).

Anyways, I am naturally shy, and I don't really know what to say to him... or even show that I like him - literally if I look at him, it's his face and the wall - too obvious much?

But yeah, I honestly don't know what to say to him... I think he is shy too
around me.

Like in Math class, waiting for the bell to ring, I noticed him looking at me, then looking away at his friend.

I've heard that guys can be scared to talk to a person who has trouble hearing... or something like that.

I'll point this out, when my friend and I talk - when she tells me about something, I noticed once or twice he joins in on the conservation, but basically my friend did the talking when I more like listened.

Wish I could talk, but I have had experiences in the past, where I talk about something not related to a conservation then being told the conservation isn't about that. I've grown so used to it though, usually I just ask what the conservation is about but then if in a noisy area, I do lose track of the conservation. Kinda what happens in English - me being quiet because I'm lost among conservations in the classroom.

Also I don't have his Facebook or phone number.

Facebook wasn't around when I was in college. I must be old!! If you cannot use facebook to your advantage, then you've failed.

I order personal business cards for free from vistaprint.com (or would print them out on home computer when I was younger). I put my name, number, email, and FB address on the cards. That way when I meet someone I want to exchange info with I can just hand them my card. Works well for school crush too haha :)

Guys can be just as nervous as girls about going to talk to someone.

I would say, the best thing you can do is try and be yourself. If the guy doesn't appreciate you for who you are, then he was obviously not the guy for you to begin with.

With the Facebook thing, you can always try and ask him for it. Or you could just facebook stalk your mutual friends. :D

Does that help? Or just make things more confusing?

I remember a pretty girl at university who'd always sit near me and peek at me, she walked home alone (back to residence), so after a few months I tried catching up with her on the way home, chatted to her for a while and then asked if she wanted to go for dinner sometime. She declined!

WTF?

Anyway, you won't know until you try.

just want walk to him and say .."i thought i saw you looking at me, is there any problem or how could i help you". its just a way to start the talk. who knows, it may lead somewhere.

of course, he has to look in your direction on the day in question before you do so.

Wirelessly posted

dereksbicycles said:
Facebook wasn't around when I was in college. I must be old!! If you cannot use facebook to your advantage, then you've failed.

You made me laugh about fb not being around in your college days lol it wasn't around either in my college days haha I do remember, tickle it was like fb haveno idea what happened to it lol

Back