How To Reply To A Conversation?

Reba

Retired Terp
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've replied to several AD conversations in my Inbox, no problem. I just click the "Reply" button, compose a message, and submit it.

However, today I received a new conversation that didn't have a "Reply" button on it. So, how do I reply?

Normally, the "Reply" button is on the bottom line, right side of the new message, opposite the "Report" button. But on this new message, it's missing.

:dunno:

Maybe just start a new conversation with that person contains your reply.

I've replied to several AD conversations in my Inbox, no problem. I just click the "Reply" button, compose a message, and submit it.

However, today I received a new conversation that didn't have a "Reply" button on it. So, how do I reply?

Normally, the "Reply" button is on the bottom line, right side of the new message, opposite the "Report" button. But on this new message, it's missing.

Not sure just where your are referring to the Reply button being. An email about a thread you have subscribed to or on AllDeaf itself? In some software that naturally has small text that I enlarge with my browser I find that I have to make it smaller for all buttons to show.

Maybe the other side 'locked' the conversation that he/she doesn't want any more replies to the conversation?

Not sure just where your are referring to the Reply button being. An email about a thread you have subscribed to or on AllDeaf itself? In some software that naturally has small text that I enlarge with my browser I find that I have to make it smaller for all buttons to show.
I think Reba knows where the reply "button" (it's a link) is. She's talking about PMs on AD.

I took it to mean she was talking about the PMs on AD too.

Could it be a person who is not registered? Only other thing I can think of is similar to Calvin's- person who sends a PM has their settings set to not receive PMs from members.

Hm... time for a test.. anyone want to test? :)

It's the Conversations in the Inbox. All the messages I've gotten from other members have the "Reply" button on them but just this one message I got does not. Conversations are what replaced private messages after the AD update. Font size isn't the issue; I can see the buttons just fine.

Maybe the other side 'locked' the conversation that he/she doesn't want any more replies to the conversation?
Maybe. I don't know why the member contacted me if the member didn't want a reply. Oh, well.

My reply in pm works just fine...?
Mine does too, for all the other members that I have Conversations with. That's why I was surprised when just this one didn't have the Reply function.

I took it to mean she was talking about the PMs on AD too.

Could it be a person who is not registered? Only other thing I can think of is similar to Calvin's- person who sends a PM has their settings set to not receive PMs from members.

Hm... time for a test.. anyone want to test? :)
I don't think non-members can send Conversations. This person is a new member.

But it could be the sender's settings; good point.

Mine does too, for all the other members that I have Conversations with. That's why I was surprised when just this one didn't have the Reply function.
I notice that we can lock a Conversation but I agree why start one if the other person can't answer back . That is very one sided and you might as well talk to yourself . LOL!

I notice that we can lock a Conversation but I agree why start one if the other person can't answer back . That is very one sided and you might as well talk to yourself . LOL!

other person may not be aware that their settings has it as "not accepting PMs (or conversations)" or that the conversation is locked.

Fear of what the other person may say. Similar to a member who has made so many enemies that they have half the board on ignore.

Fear of what the other person may say. Similar to a member who has made so many enemies that they have half the board on ignore.

Which I think is one sided. I don't know of ones of us that regard that member as an enemy.

Which I think is one sided. I don't know of ones of us that regard that member as an enemy.

That is why she said half the board... it's an expression. There are many who are enemies and many who are not. It's no secret.

Is the other person still using the account, maybe they deleted their account.

Back