How to manage the subtitle?

Chonni.Silué

Reaction score
Hi, I always used VLC player to read my videos with subtitles but sometimes I am faced with the delay of the subtitle (can appears after the voice).
To do this I calculate the offset (in ms) between voice and subtitle before pressing the G or H keys to vary the speed. But even if I managed to associate the good subtitle to voice the problem returns in the following period.
So is there anyone here on this site to help me fine tune this?
And if you can give me a simple software for managing subtitles, I can thank you.

It sounds like the subtitles file is wrong or the video is different.

My friend had that problem a few times. He downloaded a movie and subtitles for that movie. What he didn't know was that the movie was a director's cut... and the subtitles weren't for the director's cut. Another time, he had subtitles that were for an extended edition and the video wasn't.

Hi, I always used VLC player to read my videos with subtitles but sometimes I am faced with the delay of the subtitle (can appears after the voice).
To do this I calculate the offset (in ms) between voice and subtitle before pressing the G or H keys to vary the speed. But even if I managed to associate the good subtitle to voice the problem returns in the following period.
So is there anyone here on this site to help me fine tune this?
And if you can give me a simple software for managing subtitles, I can thank you.
What videos are you talking about?

If they are Hollywood movies or TV shows, you can download subtitles from opensubtitles.org or subscene.com. Some subtitles work better than others. Save it in the folder where the video is stored.

VamPyroX and CrazyPaul
In first,thank you for the answers.
opensubtitles.org or subscene.com are the sites where I download my subtitles files and it's only in french. I think the problem is that the videos come from burning copies on CD or DVD hacked and sold this is very developed here (lol I do not encourage hach, I just borrowed ) because I have no connection with me.
I understand, thank you again

VamPyroX and CrazyPaul
opensubtitles.org or subscene.com are the sites where I download my subtitles files and it's only in french. I think the problem is that the videos come from burning copies on CD or DVD hacked and sold this is very developed here (lol I do not encourage hach, I just borrowed ) because I have no connection with me.
Oh, you may be able to find answers at forum.OpenSubtitles.org

Good luck!

VamPyroX and CrazyPaul
You don't have language selection? I thought subtitles download included description before download so you know if it's a good file to download? Unless, you're saying that the only language available is French?

You don't have language selection? I thought subtitles download included description before download so you know if it's a good file to download? Unless, you're saying that the only language available is French?

no the french is my country language that i can speak, but subtitle in french are not always available for some movies and the English version are more original than others... I happily understand some basic in english

Back