How to convince your mother to allow me to get my ear pierced??

Hannah louise

Reaction score
Hi, I'm 14 and I want to get my ear pierced (I'd dunno what's it's called but I want to get one up the rim of ear- high up), but my mother will not let me! We are going to city tomorrow where they can pierce ears? Do you think I'll convince her by tomorrow?

Hi, I'm 14 and I want to get my ear pierced (I'd dunno what's it's called but I want to get one up the rim of ear- high up), but my mother will not let me! We are going to city tomorrow where they can pierce ears? Do you think I'll convince her by tomorrow?

Take her to the local tavern. Drink her up full of stout then she might allow you.

Pierce ear

Take her to the local tavern. Drink her up full of stout then she might allow you.

That's a cartridge pierce they really hurt, in my experience. My daughters had them once and removed. Hurts to lay down on them, answer the phone etc. you might have a totally different experience. Both my girls were 18 and were able to do without my permission. Good Luck:angel:

Your best bet might be to ask your mom her reasoning against it. But the trick is, not to ask in the way that sounds whiny and desperate. Your at the age where part of you wants to stamp your foot and say "Why noooooot!!!!!!!", but you need to find the more mature part that can say (calmly) "What is the rationale behind your decision?", and "How can I convince you I'm mature enough?"

I'm not saying it will work, but if you can state your case calmly - she might be more likely to listen to your side.

My mother and father won't let me pierce my ears when I was at your age (the normal earlobe piercing), but after my freshman year in college (I was around 19), I went ahead to get my ears pierced.

I'm sure my parents saw them when I came home during the summer, but they didn't say anything about it (or freak out). So....perhaps better to wait until you're 18. It's not the end of the world if you don't get one right now.

But if you're really insistent, do what mbrek in above post suggested. :)

Your best bet might be to ask your mom her reasoning against it. But the trick is, not to ask in the way that sounds whiny and desperate. Your at the age where part of you wants to stamp your foot and say "Why noooooot!!!!!!!", but you need to find the more mature part that can say (calmly) "What is the rationale behind your decision?", and "How can I convince you I'm mature enough?"

I'm not saying it will work, but if you can state your case calmly - she might be more likely to listen to your side.

This would be the best bet.

lol the title makes it sound like you want to convince MY mum.

I have that on my ear (top)....FYI it is PAINFUL for about a week or two...after that I changed to loop one much better, and had it for long time...maybe 20 years. Love it :)

I have taigas pierced as well. Painful, MY GOSH! Now I am ok no pain :)

Good luck to convince your mama...18 is best. :)

Go to mall. Ask Mom to ride Merry Go Round with you. See if you can get Mom to laugh when you mention you want your ears pierced.

Just ask for a reason respectfully. Whining will put you back further.

Also please don't get it with a gun, go to a licensed place which will do it with a needle.
The needles are more sterile and are less likely to cause major damage.
With a gun prepare for more infections, possible shattered cartridge, development of fistules... go here for the general infoPiercing Guns vs. The Needle - Why the Gun Should be Banned

Also ask if it would be ok to work for it, I had to pay for it myself and show that I was responsible enough to take care of it before I was allowed to get it in highschool.

Back