How to communicate in an emergency?

Elle_Arcana

Reaction score
Hi all, I was talking to my dad about concerns related to hearing loss and he said this:
"Security concerns, for example not being able to hear if someone is in the house when I’m alone. Not seeing a car coming up behind me in parking lot. Communicating with an ambulance attendant or fireman in the event that I get into an accident. Those types of things."

so it got me thinking, what do you do in an emergency situation where you need to communicate with someone i.e. 911, paramedics, police? How do you communicate with EMS personnel? Or what about prevention? Does anyone know of any solutions out there for these kind of concerns? I'm not seeing too much out there on the internets about people's thoughts/experiences about this.

I'm asking everyone, but I also made this short survey if anyone who is deafened/hard of hearing is willing to spend >5 mins I would be eternally grateful - yes, I chose this topic as my thesis project :)

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/D6ZCTNS

We aren't monkeys....:lol: so stay a while and learn something.....

I will text 999 if needed(I live in England), I can communicate with emergency staff through spoken language and if I don't understand them I will ask them to write.

Is it working if we type 911 on text? i forget. LOL I do not want to toy with 911 you know?

Back