How much is my used computer worth?

Alex

Administrator
Staff Member
Reaction score
I know this isn't the right forum to post in, and I will move it to the appropriate forum after I get enough replies, but for now I would like some opinions if you don't mind.

For the last couple of weeks I've been thinking of selling my Dell Dimension 8200 computer since I will be needing a much faster computer. This computer is in great condition, I bought it brand new directly from Dell about 2 years ago, and the general specs are:

- Pentium 4 2.0 Ghz processor
- 256 RDRAM memory
- 60 GB disk space
- CD/CD-RW (seperated slots)
- Floppy Drive (third slot)
- 250 Internal Zip Drive (fourth slot)
- nVidia video card
- Harman/Kardon Sorround Speakers w/ Subwoofer
- Windows XP Professional
- 19" CRT Monitor
- Keyboard/MS Optical Mouse

How much is my computer worth? If there's a website where I can get my computer's value, please post it here. Thanks.

Picture:
mycomp_01.jpg

Wow, that was fast. :lol:

$450? Hmm, that means I would lose $2,250 if it was sold for that amount. :eek:

You can always give it to a charity where they need computers for those kids in the low-income schools... :)
it is tax-deductible if you want something out of it. :P

I have the same type of computer you have except my processor is a little higher (2.2 GHz). I bought it last August for $400 (without monitor). So I think my computer values around $300-200. You might sell it on ebay for more money if you're lucky. Maybe bbnt will overbid it by accident. :)

reason why heather replied fast was cuz she and her man is a computer geek freak, they know too much to say hahah,

As for me I d like that! but ofc i need to fix some stuff here. later on down the road i too will be selling mine, possibly this yr and 450 is a n ice decent price considering, reasonable too,

will get new puter with all the works PLUS
A laptop for work related!

Hope it's workable for u guys!
but gnarly also said same thing tax deductable but won't get ur money's worth til after next yr cuz this is cutting close to the april's deadline am i right?
anyhow i like that idea tho!

but yah thats reasonable!

gnarlydorkette said:
You can always give it to a charity where they need computers for those kids in the low-income schools... :)
it is tax-deductible if you want something out of it. :P

That what my brother do.. He collects all computers, upgraded them and give the charity to poor schools and poor country too.. :) he has been doing that for 2 years now.

Alex.. yours worth $15.00.. :-x the value of computer get really worhtless faster than car.. :-|

:rofl: @ desi's comment abt me and my man...that's right! hehe...

Also, MsGiglz is right about that..."the value of computer get really worhtless faster than car.. :-|"

;)

probably cheap computer 50 dollars? unless u want more $$$ so u can give to ur lady to go shopping? :mrgreen:

Hmm its worth 100 bucks.

*takes out $100* Ill buy it. :mrgreen:

Probably worth mmMMmm 600 bucks

I would say $100. I got my computer 2 and a half years ago. During the summer, I checked with several computer places to find the value of my computer. At that time, the computer was almost 2 years old. I had originally purchased it for almost $2,000. They told me prices that ranged from $130 to $160. Now, that was six months ago... meaning today, it's under $100.

Hmm... I might be interested in buying your computer. :deal:

hmmm......

I would buy it from ya...for 500.00 dollars.... :mrgreen:

Say Alex, does this sound like another great idea for having an auction forum on AllDeaf??

The fact that you bought it 2 years ago is to your detriment because back then 2 ghz computers were not the standard, so you paid a pretty penny for that package. Your best bet would be to look at brand new computers of comparable specifications on the market (bestbuy, dell, compusa, etc) and somehow factor in the fact that your computer is 2 years old versus brand new ones. Gnarlydorkette's idea of donating your computer is also a good idea, something that may save you more money in the long run. It'd be tax deductible and you might actually be able to apply more value to it than as if you sold it. It might be something worth looking into.

Your computer should be 500 bux. I've seen the store sells mostly 300 to 500 dollars of 2.0 ghz.
Right Now, I saw the puter 3.2 ghz wOoOOoo Nice puter.. I wud love to buy but wow expensive. lol
Maybe I wud buy 2.6 ghz to 3.0 ghz good enough.. can upgrade it anyway!

Hmm... actually, we're better off posting a topic referring members to eBay than doing an auction here. eBay is more reliable for doing auctions. It's not completely safe and reliable here in AllDeaf. We did do something almost similar to this but so much easier and cheaper. However, a lot didn't even bother to be true to their word with their participation. This was the Secret Santa Game. I never got my gift, but I did give. A lot of other members didn't get any gifts either. Now, is that being true to your word? Nah.

VamPyroX said:
Hmm... actually, we're better off posting a topic referring members to eBay than doing an auction here. eBay is more reliable for doing auctions. It's not completely safe and reliable here in AllDeaf. We did do something almost similar to this but so much easier and cheaper. However, a lot didn't even bother to be true to their word with their participation. This was the Secret Santa Game. I never got my gift, but I did give. A lot of other members didn't get any gifts either. Now, is that being true to your word? Nah.

That's so true! I know exactly what you mean. It is sad others don't keep their word.

in fact... computers naturally drop $500 to $1000 per year of it's value...
that totally sucks.. bill gates is too smart doing this.. that's how he become rich.

Back