How many....

martyns

Reaction score
hearing aids do you own? Are they all digital or all analogue or both?

Almost 5. Two digital in use now. One old analog in a drawer that should be dumped. Two new digital on order because I had a big change in my left ear due to illness and needed more powerful aids.

4! 2 digs (both from hosp but no good to me and been too busy to take it back) 2 Analouges (both from CI centre as i was unable to hear with digs and the hosp won't give me analouges), all on loan, and they all are going back as i am now Implantee!

2 hearing aids from hosiptal from hearing and speech dept. in hositpal.

I still have two of my old ones somewhere in my room. I'm not even sure what I should be doing with them. I was going to give it to my one hearing best friend, who had a thing for my hearing aids as a joke and tell her "Here, you can have 'em, as I no longer need 'em" and see her reaction. But sadly, she died last month before she ever got to see me as a CI'er. :( She would've been sooo excited for me and wanted to know every details of what I went thru in getting my CI's & all. [sigh]

I own 4 hearing aids...

2 analog and 2 digital

The first analog hearing aid is very old... from before 1993. It stopped working. That's when I got my second analog hearing aid.

The second analog hearing aid lasted for a very long time until a couple years ago when it started getting a bit weaker and weaker. It still worked enough for me to hear... until the beginning of 2007. That's when the sound was so low that everything sounded like a mumble. So, I got my second digital hearing aid.

My second digital hearing aid is the one that I'm still wearing now.

What about my first digital hearing aid? I got that right before I went to RIT in 1999. I used that when I went to class and switched back to my second analog hearing aid when I was doing other things. Sadly, my digital hearing aid stopped working 6 months later. I got it fixed, but it stopped working again 6 months later. I got tired of fixing it and went back to my second analog hearing aid full-time.

none of hearing aids at all! being deaf is free and save money! i dont need hearing aids!

smile

How many? You mean you want me to go & clean out my drawer & count? Let me get back with you.......(might be a while)

Serendipity42
PS I like my hearing aids, even if they aren't perfect....

I used to own 4 hearing aids (2 digitals and 2 analogues) before I donated them to my CI center.

How do you decide which to wear when you wake up on a morning?! Actually, I was reading about this woman who had more than 10!

I only wear my most recent digital hearing aid (Phonak's Supero). The other digital is Phonak's Claro (my first digital that I got), which is too quiet for me if I switch back to it. And the analogs are from when I was a kid growing up. I've never gotten rid of the older hearing aids, they're just sitting around in their protective cases. I keep the Claro, in case something goes wrong with the Supero and I have a back-up. They all are valuable to me, and I don't think I could ever get rid of them.

Well, I currently have 4. 2 are Widex Senso ITCs which are in a drawer, and supposed to be backups but have never been used in that capacity because they are too weak.
The other 2 are Widex Senso Diva BTEs which are located on my ears and which work great, and I never leave without them.

I used to have at least 4-5 pairs of old analogs, although somewhere along the road my mother must've ditched them after I was wearing my Widex Senso P38..now I have CI and I am loving it...

I also used to have an very old FM system ..which I think my parents still have..

i'm a cyborg. I own 3 digital bte HA's, one BAHA, and one CI. i can wear four of them (bte, bte, BAHA, CI) at the same time muahah.

Back