How many deafies here know languages besides English and ASL?

Bit of French and Spanish but my pronation is poor

German and Spanish... But have forgotten quite a bit...

Last edited:
I know some Spanish and French. I also know a few phrases in German. My pronunciation in these languages is not always the best. C'est la vie (that's life)!

It was torcher at school but at least I can get around France and Spain

*Hearing* but in order of fluency, Dutch, English, French/German.

Hi everyone, Alice here. I've just recently joined the forum and this is my first post. I joined the forum to ask for advice. I am hard of hearing and wear two aids, I would really like to learn another language and I'm currently studying French (in my own time at home) however, I find it hard to find the right resources as most of the learning aids are predominantly CDs and apps where you have to listen to what is said, I know the whole point of learning a language is based on listening but as you know it's very difficult when you're deaf, I find it hard to understand what people are saying in English let alone a foreign language. Visual aids are great but as we know it's how you pronounce words that's important. I'm asking if anyone has any advice about what's the best way to learn a language if you're deaf, or if they know of any great learning materials that they found really useful in helping them to understand & learn the language? Regards, Alice

Back