How Long Have You Been Driving?

Calvin

In Hazzard County
Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Been driving for 23 years..

12888699_523038357884082_2467625677446207473_o.jpg

What do you consider driving? My dad had me steering sitting on his lap before I could reach the pedals. I got my license at 16 in 1958.

Legally since I was 18, on a regular basis since I was 28/29. I didn't drive at all in college (long story why...) and for a few years after I left.

*So... over 25 years at least ;)

For thirty eight years, but not in the last five or six due to blindness.

I started driving in my early 20's, as a requirement for a post-college job, which involved case management. I had a caseload of clients with cognitive/intellectual disabilities and some who were in the severe/profound end of the Spectrum as well as mental illness and I needed to drive all over the county and check on their living conditions and health, and also met with other providers at job sites or other agencies. I also took clients shopping. Hire requirement was that I learn to drive, so I took an adult driver's ed course and while I was learning, I had my husband or my dad sometimes take me to client's places, and take me with a client - shopping. I failed the road test twice. My experience as a person with a disability and new driver was beneficial in my job as I had a perspective that none of the other case managers had.

In high school I was too shy and immature and overall just wasn't ready to learn, which is a behavioral aspect that can be common with people with learning disabilities.

2001 I think, so about 15 years. Not a fan of driving though. Too many drivers to deal with. :mad:

Before suspended until further notice, I drove for 12 years, including 2 years of permit with restriction.

I think around 20 years (off and on)... started driving school training at high school when I was 15 years old. Got my license at 16 years old. In New Zealand it is legal for 15 years old to get their first driver license.

I got my permit when I was 15 like so many of my friends. I just renewed my permit 3 days ago and I am turning 23 this year :( I can't drive without crying, anxiety.... but this is the year! I will get a driver's license this year :)

1963.....LOL...in 2 years my license will expire...not sure if I'll renew as I hate driving in my city's traffic....BUT...I'd rather drive than catch the bus....or even ride with my boys....LOL...scares me to death sometimes....

We bought Car last month, i am learning to drive but i got few problems..
my dad says you re deaf you dont drive car but i am really interested, he says you will have problem driving, like unable to hear horn etc....
so i want to know can deaf ppl get driving license and can they drive vehicles?

We bought Car last month, i am learning to drive but i got few problems..
my dad says you re deaf you dont drive car but i am really interested, he says you will have problem driving, like unable to hear horn etc....
so i want to know can deaf ppl get driving license and can they drive vehicles?
Deaf people are allowed to drive with driver's licenses in America. I don't know about Pakistan.

Back