How long do u get to know that person before become boyfriend or girlfriend....

Hubby and I saw each other at work for about six months, just passing in the hallways and saying "hi". It was a big command, and we worked in different departments, so we rarely ran into each other. One day in January we went on a date. By March we were engaged. In May we married. That was over 33 years ago. :)

nice story :)

2 days I hung out with her, few hours, I started dating her, after first date, I scored and am living with her today.

Guess what? I NEVER believed in love at first sight until I met this guy... On the first day; we started out by finding each other in the personal ads of craigslist.org and talked on instant messaging + text ALL DAY!
The second day we went out for a date, the moment we saw each other - sparks fly!
The third day we cuddled and felt just right... we became BOYFRIEND/GIRLFRIEND.

In two weeks, we got to a point where we cannot live or breathe without each other - that's when we exchanged promise rings.

It might sound fast but you know the motto, "GO WITH THE FLOW."

yeah i have my boyfriend from Aussie.... about 6 months i was date but when i was young with a many ex boyfriends as few years when said not sure how long as they don't know.

To be honest, I don't see friendships and dating as being very much different
That's because the foundation of a good quality relationship is the same....you really can't be in love if you're not good friends first.
I knew Hannah a few years before I realized I liked her that way. Same with Danielle (although that really was more of a crush like I'd have on my counselors as a teen) and Maureen. My crush on Maureen was the one that made me see the connection between best friend love and romantic love.

I think this is going 2 feel weird. Im living with my roomie who was my former supervisior at a part time job I held when I was married. For the past 3 years, it was a more of an open relationship if I didnt mind she went out or slept with someone else as long as she doesnt mind mine either. Lately during the past few months we start doing some cuddling, ass-grabbings, she seems to pretty much like it. I'm so much surprised that being long and steady friendship leads to much better things than being married in the face of a shotgun. We havent committed to be bf/gf. Its cause we both never know if the right one comes along so we keep it open that way no hard feelings. (and oh BTW that's a hearie 7 years younger than me heh)

oh, i was 16 i have a e-mail man, and i do talk to him..... i want dating...
a lot boyfriends want me said can msn tooo

I think it would have to be a year or two before I started to date because I would really want to get to know her. I've known alot of friends that I wanted to date for a long time but never got to because I'm shy. I did meet this girl in college but I don't see her alot but I hope to make some progress really soon :D

Four stages of dating as learned in life

I have developed four stages of dating to protect me from pushing too far too quickly.
Stage 1: Making out.
When you first meet a girl and you are having a couple of date, just hanging out, that's called the "Making out stage". Do not call them your bf or gf. Just say "The (girl/boy) that I'm making out with currently.." Both of you are free to roam, technically. No attachments.
Stage 2: Hooking up.
You guys have gone on several dates and have made out or slept with each other. You are now the girl/guy that you are "currently hooking up with." Still no attachments, but you have a slightly diminished area of roaming, if you will. The guy/girl has shown signs of wanting to be a couple.
Stage 3: Dating.
At this stage is the time you need to have a quick talk and express your want to be a couple. It can be as simple as saying "I would like for you not to hook up with other people." I can't think of a simpler, more blunt way to say, "I want to date you and you alone." Now there is attachment and no chance to roam because NOW it's cheating.
Stage 4: Relationship.
After the 3 months "bliss period" where everything is perfect and you are getting to know the person, you enter the relationship stage where you or the other person need to decided if this is someone you want to pursue a full blown serious relationship. After the first three stages, this should be an easy answer. If you or the other person has doubts, walkaway. Be honest. It's not there. There are other fishes in the sea. Many, many other fishes. Trust me :)

I hope this helps. Good luck!

I have developed four stages of dating to protect me from pushing too far too quickly.
When you first meet a girl and you are having a couple of date, just hanging out, that's called the "Making out stage". Do not call them your bf or gf. Just say "The (girl/boy) that I'm making out with currently.." Both of you are free to roam, technically. No attachments.
You guys have gone on several dates and have made out or slept with each other. You are now the girl/guy that you are "currently hooking up with." Still no attachments, but you have a slightly diminished area of roaming, if you will. The guy/girl has shown signs of wanting to be a couple.
At this stage is the time you need to have a quick talk and express your want to be a couple. It can be as simple as saying "I would like for you not to hook up with other people." I can't think of a simpler, more blunt way to say, "I want to date you and you alone." Now there is attachment and no chance to roam because NOW it's cheating.
After the 3 months "bliss period" where everything is perfect and you are getting to know the person, you enter the relationship stage where you or the other person need to decided if this is someone you want to pursue a full blown serious relationship. After the first three stages, this should be an easy answer. If you or the other person has doubts, walkaway. Be honest. It's not there. There are other fishes in the sea. Many, many other fishes. Trust me :)

I hope this helps. Good luck!

your post totally good point

im been e-mail my boyfriend from England and i never call each other but i trust my boyfriend because of Long Distance calls too cost lots of money between USA and London,England but im usually e-mail lots every weeks or few days because my boyfriend been busy at his jobs.

I, too, have seen some unusual relationships. I knew of a girl who was dating her boyfriend at the time. They were always breaking up and getting back together on and off constantly. The worst thing was, when they were in a bad quarrel, the boyfriend stabbed the puppy more than 20 times (of course the puppy was killed instantly) and stabbed her hand with a knife. To this day, they are still together and married. I just didn't get it when I learned the girl continue to remain with him.

The girl remains with him because she is abused thus he have control over her and she is too scared to leave him because of possible chance of him hurting her as well. Noting the threat he did front of her by stabbing the puppy and stab her hand as a warning sign.

That's a pretty good way of putting it but I would do it slightly differently...

Firstly, the term "making out" I would excange with "seeing"...so you are fundamentally still doing the same things, you're both interested in eachother, hanging out and spending time together... so you could describe it as "the girl/guy you are kind of seeing."

Personally, I'd skip the second stage, I think that if you like someone enough to sleep with them, then you should be exclusive. And if you are frequently going on dates, I think "dating" is the term you should use.

I think the final point is still very valid and should definately evaluate your position in the relationship after a few months of dating even if you dont vocalise it.

But this is just my personal oppinion from across the pond and things might be different in the US

Originally Posted by Jolie77
I, too, have seen some unusual relationships. I knew of a girl who was dating her boyfriend at the time. They were always breaking up and getting back together on and off constantly. The worst thing was, when they were in a bad quarrel, the boyfriend stabbed the puppy more than 20 times (of course the puppy was killed instantly) and stabbed her hand with a knife. To this day, they are still together and married. I just didn't get it when I learned the girl continue to remain with him.
The girl remains with him because she is abused thus he have control over her and she is too scared to leave him because of possible chance of him hurting her as well. Noting the threat he did front of her by stabbing the puppy and stab her hand as a warning sign.
She's right... basically as I see it the guy is a dick and deserves to be in jail. Basically he did an assault with a deadly weapon (knife) and has animal cruelty (which is a lot more serious than people think the charge is) on him as well. She should've gone to the police the first time she was alone.
It's guys like this one who make it difficult for an earnest true loving man to find a woman who has been traumatized by assholes like the one above. Even if they break away from them ... they won't date for a long time nor will they TRUST the next guy (no, I can't blame them but... sigh)... and they'll do stuff to ruin the relationship once they see how well the next guy is treating them and they (the women) feel they don't deserve a good man like the one they have because of the psychological barriers that the last one put in her head.
Guys like that... need to be castrated and locked away.

I think it would have to be a year or two before I started to date because I would really want to get to know her. I've known alot of friends that I wanted to date for a long time but never got to because I'm shy. I did meet this girl in college but I don't see her alot but I hope to make some progress really soon :D

A year or two!!??...you will miss the boat!..any girl that likes you ain't gonna wait 2 years while you make up your mind! If you like someone..ask them out, nothing ventured..nothing gained!

July 1997 - I met a girl in a pub..we got on well, chatted + swapped phone numbers. Next day I rang her and asked her if she wanted to go to the beach and walk our dogs. 1 month later we got engaged....1 year later we got married! That was 12 years ago and we still walk our dogs on the beach! :D

I met my boyfriend through sorenson. We didnt know each other. We decide to meet our many deaf friends. We were suprised that we knew them but we never know each other. He know them since he was very little boy. They knew me since 1984. Small world. My boyfriend and I are falling in love and are together for one year.

I met my boyfriend through sorenson. We didnt know each other. We decide to meet our many deaf friends. We were suprised that we knew them but we never know each other. He know them since he was very little boy. They knew me since 1984. Small world. My boyfriend and I are falling in love and are together for one year.

It's like stalk but how you feel about it when he found you when you don't know?

Back