How long do u get to know that person before become boyfriend or girlfriend....

i believe slow and take easy not soo fast
if go too fast can ruin the relationship and heartbeaking

My husband was a friend of my boyfriend at the time so I know him for a couple of years.When I broke up with his friend he ask me out and we went out on June 6th and got marry July 9th of that year. :o

i believe slow and take easy not soo fast
if go too fast can ruin the relationship and heartbeaking

That's true. But I am lucky. My parent are lucky. When my parent met each other at restaurant. My mom know relative of my dad's cousin. They went out together in 1 month. Then My dad got her an engage in 1 month before go out together. My mom got mad at him. My dad felt hurt. She said just wait until she feel trust. In 6 month later. My dad got her an engagement on my mom's birthday. They got married next 6 months. They were married for 19 years. They were such happiness until my dad died when I was 15. My mom found a right man from GOD answered her pray. She taught me. I didn't look for man myself. I asked god to send my husband to meet me at work. It was amazing memories. God is the best for perfect relationship and marriage. :) My husband always want to have a perfect relationship and marriage. Because his parent got divorced at twice time and remarried. It's final divorced. He didn't want to be same as his parent. He is such happy with me.

For me and in my society, all it takes is verbal agreement. You hung out with the person or had some sort of communication with each other for a while, both are feeling each other, all they have to do is let each other know how they feel and automatically they are boyfriend and girlfriend. It could be after 2 dates, a month or two, a week...whatever. Long as you and the other person have a mutal feelings and agreement.
During the relationship, you get to know the person more. If ya don't like how they are, u break up with them, no need to continue the relationship.
So 6 months to a year to decide if a couple is boyfriend/girlfriend is kinda extreme for me. It's dating...not an engagment or marriage!

My husband and I were just friends for a month. We had a close personal relationship. It was obvious by the things we'll talk about that it was more than just friends. So one day he said I really like u, I see myself being with u for a long time, i told him that I felt the same way to. From that night he was my boyfriend and we shared a special bond. We dated 3 years before we got married. Next month will be our 1st anniversary.
While we were dating we went thru some rough patches like every other couple. It's the process u go through while getting to know each other. So if you get to know them first for months at a time, why are you wasting such a long time just to date...might as well get married since you will know them soo well. JMO

That's true. But I am lucky. My parent are lucky. When my parent met each other at restaurant. My mom know relative of my dad's cousin. They went out together in 1 month. Then My dad got her an engage in 1 month before go out together. My mom got mad at him. My dad felt hurt. She said just wait until she feel trust. In 6 month later. My dad got her an engagement on my mom's birthday. They got married next 6 months. They were married for 19 years. They were such happiness until my dad died when I was 15. My mom found a right man from GOD answered her pray. She taught me. I didn't look for man myself. I asked god to send my husband to meet me at work. It was amazing memories. God is the best for perfect relationship and marriage. :) My husband always want to have a perfect relationship and marriage. Because his parent got divorced at twice time and remarried. It's final divorced. He didn't want to be same as his parent. He is such happy with me.

well my parents met in blind date as their friends match them up and start dating after that and 6 months later they got engaged and one year later they got married and recently celebrated their 45 years wedding anniversary and they had me and my 2 siblings

jo, true enought what were you explain.. but i have seen some couples.. like you knew that girl who has that throught.. rme! yea .. oh well

right it is all about trust , faith, communicate, many more..

as for me, funny, one gal in austin where i live now... she works wiht me and talk to get know.. few years later, now i know her more.. i figure out if i would go out with her.. is she good for me ?? that is my question before.. now i know the answer.. she is not for me because of her attudute (sp) , she is not that smart.. and too much soft heart.. and if if i bark at her for her wrong thing, she will end up left me .. rme! that is how i can tell on her i knew her now.. thank god i dont go out with her at all! whew! she is nice but no way.. whew! now i am waiting another gal show up and let me see how it goes.. lol! who next! rme!

Honest, depends on.. who does care about the relationship and can be wait for first a date, then... But, another want right NOW!!!
I rather first date and how is work with us as relationship.
you don't know rather you like it or not in next day.

that happened to me before. when I dated a guy for few weeks then after that he wasn't for me. :)

Last edited:
Hubby and I saw each other at work for about six months, just passing in the hallways and saying "hi". It was a big command, and we worked in different departments, so we rarely ran into each other. One day in January we went on a date. By March we were engaged. In May we married. That was over 33 years ago. :)

Yes, now you would learn more ;)

in my experience for a date. oh, yeah i know what it's like to date a guy that you might not know his personality or how he act or how he is. after you find out then you don't want to date him. many people have different personality, not all the same but not always.

in my experience for a date. oh, yeah i know what it's like to date a guy that you might not know his personality or how he act or how he is. after you find out then you don't want to date him. many people have different personality, not all the same but not always.

yeaaaaah, Of course many PPL have different personality. I am not happy, if PPL have all the same personality, act and favorite. If true, I might be difficult to find a man LOL.

yeaaaaah, Of course many PPL have different personality. I am not happy, if PPL have all the same personality, act and favorite. If true, I might be difficult to find a man LOL.

yep, it's not easy to find a man with different personality.

Last edited:

Awesome! Lucky you, lady. ;):D
I don't remember if I did ask God to find a man but I only remembered it never work out. I guess He probably wanted me to find a man by myself. So I don't know... For with that reason, I'm the one who is hardest to get and it's really easy for me to say a no than take a yes. So I decided to wait and try it again later right after my 25th birthday, due to my childish personality, semi cruelity, and a sort of bitch lady. Aha :P So.. I believe that I will get improve and change who I am in later. I'm sure of that. :)

I just hope I can find Mr.Right later if it's a bit little easier. Who knows?

Hubby and I saw each other at work for about six months, just passing in the hallways and saying "hi". It was a big command, and we worked in different departments, so we rarely ran into each other. One day in January we went on a date. By March we were engaged. In May we married. That was over 33 years ago. :)

LOL, that's a BIG wow. What a lucky lady you are. :lol:;) My best friend told me that her mom just met her dad in college, I think? But, guess what? They just dated for a month and then got a marriage. They re together more than 25 years I think. Just like yours. lol ;)

Back