How is your weather today part II

I wish they would send blizzard here, so the mosquitoes would die. I don't want to be eaten alive when the summer comes up.

lol... the blizzard is very rare in southern states - last time was in 1993 so it usually happen about once in one century, but sometime, we have freezing temp with 10 F to 20 F.

Yes, mosquitoes are annoying, they usually come after rain and humid. Oh gasp, humid was absolutely awful after rain.

You live in humid or dry climate? Heard about Houston is swampland.

lol... the blizzard is very rare in southern states - last time was in 1993 so it usually happen about once in one century, but sometime, we have freezing temp with 10 F to 20 F.

Yes, mosquitoes are annoying, they usually come after rain and humid. Oh gasp, humid was absolutely awful after rain.

You live in humid or dry climate? Heard about Houston is swampland.

I live in San Antonio. Houston is brutal. If you step out of the house, you would sweat in a few minutes. San Antonio is much less humid than Houston. We have a bit of dry weather for now, but it doesn't help that San Antonio is down south further. I deal with annoying cockroaches.

I live in San Antonio. Houston is brutal. If you step out of the house, you would sweat in a few minutes. San Antonio is much less humid than Houston. We have a bit of dry weather for now, but it doesn't help that San Antonio is down south further. I deal with annoying cockroaches.

Yes, same with New Orleans. I got swamped in this area when I visited there.

Summer is worst season for humidity in southern states but some areas like yours and mine are slightly better than other area like Houston and Florida. I'm not ready to be swamped when I visit Disney World.

Oh wow, I rarely see cockroaches here but I notice that they are very common in old houses, also bad infestation occur with most apartments. Trust me, you will never want live in apartments in Alabama due to high crime, poor quality, bad school district and cockroach/brown recluse spider infestation.

Most affluent suburbs keep apartments out and left them in unincorporated area and city of Birmingham.

What about those Giant ass Crickets? I remember going down to Texas ( San Antonio 108 degrees in August, Houston, DFW, Dallas, Waco) Crickets everywhere, covered walls of buildings and smashed all over the streets.... ewww

Hit the 70's and now we are getting freezing rain and ice through the weekend starting tonight.... crazy St Louis weather.

Hit the 70's and now we are getting freezing rain and ice through the weekend starting tonight.... crazy St Louis weather.

I am east of you but still in the Channel 4 viewing area and they just said that we are still at 64F at 6:45am but very much also in the ice storm warning area.

What about those Giant ass Crickets? I remember going down to Texas ( San Antonio 108 degrees in August, Houston, DFW, Dallas, Waco) Crickets everywhere, covered walls of buildings and smashed all over the streets.... ewww

August is the worst month ever in Texas. I've seen crickets. I live in Texas for over 8 years and have not dealt with it yet in North Dallas and San Antonio. Cockroaches give me headaches. We have to clean it daily. San Antonio is a bit strange. There was a swarm of butterflies everywhere while I drove. It was crazy. It felt like The Birds movie.

Nice warm January and I'm stuck indoors. Maybe I'll. Go check for mail a few times before I expect it to be there as an excuse to take a few short walks

It's a real roller coaster weather wise around here. Three days ago it was freezing, with snow on the ground, and yesterday it was a balmy 65. Tonight there is an ice storm incoming. Guess I better stock up on food and stuff since it looks like I will be staying home this weekend to relearn the computer. Not complaining, mind you: Missouri weather has wild swings and you either go with it or go nuts. :)

Nice warm January and I'm stuck indoors. Maybe I'll. Go check for mail a few times before I expect it to be there as an excuse to take a few short walks

Do you use curbside mailbox or cluster mailbox?

I heard about cluster mailbox is getting more common nowadays.

Do you use curbside mailbox or cluster mailbox?

I heard about cluster mailbox is getting more common nowadays.
When I moved to this apartment in Fall 2015, we had mailboxes in the lobbies of each building (they're still there). Last winter the installed the cluster mailboxes but we didn't start using them till summer. The good news is that I'm closer to it than some of the other buildings.

When I moved to this apartment in Fall 2015, we had mailboxes in the lobbies of each building (they're still there). Last winter the installed the cluster mailboxes but we didn't start using them till summer. The good news is that I'm closer to it than some of the other buildings.

Interesting, cluster mailbox is very unlikely in my area due to hilly and the gap between houses are far so we use curbside mailbox, but people with disbailies can apply for door delivery.

Cluster mailbox is common in denser subdivision that where gap between houses are very closer and apartments. Condos tend to have cluster mailbox in lobby.

70 yesterday and freezing rain / ice storm tonight throughout the weekend... crazy ass weather here.

Snowing will be up to 8 inches! I think I will have to cancel my doctor appt at 3 pm today.

We are expecting snow today. Maybe 4 inches. So ready for winter to be OVER.

Back