How does a deaf person talk to a blind guy???

Cool. I need one for my job to communicate with blind customers of mine.

Has anyone noticed the interesting irony? Blind persons using technology while it seems deaf persons shouldn't use technology eg. Cochlear Implants. Spouted by non deaf persons-Jillio and PFH. I picked this before.
Perhaps Jillio can explain this cognitive dissonance!

Implanted Advanced Bionics-Harmony activated Aug/07

Deaf people use the technology of cell phones all the time! Don't you have one?

Has anyone noticed the interesting irony? Blind persons using technology while it seems deaf persons shouldn't use technology eg. Cochlear Implants. Spouted by non deaf persons-Jillio and PFH. I picked this before.

A blind person using a cellphone to communicate with a deaf person - a non-invasive method of communication

So what is the equivalency for a non-invasive method of communication for a deaf person to use in order to communicate with a hearing person? Cochlear Implant - True or False?

That looks cool. Shows that iPhone can do almost anything they are needed for.

There are few apps (5-10 apps) speaks for blind, deaf, hearing people can't speak etc.

Minor quibble- a cell phone or I phone in NOT a cochlear Implant. PFH previously mentioned he was/is 85 db "deaf" which is what I was PRIOR TO BECOMING BILATERALLY DEAF in Dec/06. This is the hearing loss classification of "Profound"- next, of course is deafness. If he doesn't "want" to wear a hearing aid than yeah he probably doesn't hear much. Is this an instance of one wanting to be self defined deaf without experiencing- silence?

Minor quibble- a cell phone or I phone in NOT a cochlear Implant. PFH previously mentioned he was/is 85 db "deaf" which is what I was PRIOR TO BECOMING BILATERALLY DEAF in Dec/06. This is the hearing loss classification of "Profound"- next, of course is deafness. If he doesn't "want" to wear a hearing aid than yeah he probably doesn't hear much. Is this an instance of one wanting to be self defined deaf without experiencing- silence?

:) I am deaf and Deaf. I dont go by themedical terminologies

No one here and most especially PFH and Jillio do not tell people to not get a CI. They support a person's choice if they should want either a HA or a CI. They also feel that the person should also learn ASL or whatever language of sign language for their country. (BSL, Auslan, ect...)

I chose to not have any technology for my hearing loss since I had nothing but problems with my HA's. Now, HA's or a CI will not benefit me. Nothing will.

Take the cotton out of your ears and put it in your mouth.:cool2:

No one here and most especially PFH and Jillio do not tell people to not get a CI. They support a person's choice if they should want either a HA or a CI. They also feel that the person should also learn ASL or whatever language of sign language for their country. (BSL, Auslan, ect...)

I chose to not have any technology for my hearing loss since I had nothing but problems with my HA's. Now, HA's or a CI will not benefit me. Nothing will.

:ty: The elaborate twisting of words that goes on around here when people are given information that upsets their fantasy world. It is silly.

Jillio: welcome to your fantasy world-silly?

Cool video PFH.

It reminded me of the time when I went to a show called Dialog in the Dark (DIALOG IN THE DARK - Your Senses Will Never Be The Same | Home) where you experience being blind for an hour. Basically you just walk around in complete darkness. I went with a friend and he really wanted to communicate with me. He already knew how to do fingerspelling so he tried to do spell it out and I would feel his fingers. I completely understood everything. I thought it was just so awesome because we didn't even plan on doing that.

There's always ways to communicate. :)

This reminds me of an experience I had with a blind worker that was a secretary in one of my summer jobs. That she usually understood me pretty good, although admittedly most of the communication was straightforward, "The boss wants to know...". However, what made it interesting is that when I smiled, she smiled too, as if she was picking up vibes that I was smiling. :)

Back