How Do You Wake Up For Work?

I use Pavlok shock watch.... You can adjust all settings from your phone...Mine is set to vibrate twice and if you don't start moving around it delivers a jolt to your wrist. again fully adjustable. the thing with this is it retrains your waking habits. I got zapped twice when I first got it..... now I'm up after the first vibrate ...And it does not wake up the person next to you

mine just dont work on me anymore ( i dont know if im a heavy sleeper or its not working properly )
but every morning the maid wakes me up as soon as she is is the house
so im sorted for now

mine just dont work on me anymore ( i dont know if im a heavy sleeper or its not working properly )
but every morning the maid wakes me up as soon as she is is the house
so im sorted for now
Have you tried turning it around so that the electrical contacts are against the bottom of your wrist the tender side?

I go to sleep holding my mobile, its not ideal, but 98% of the time I'm still holding it when it goes off.
I also wear a vibrating watch, I paid £80 for this yet I cannot feel it going off, I had to get it, or I would be fired from work, they deemed I wasnt doing enough to get myself up to work.

I go to sleep holding my mobile, its not ideal, but 98% of the time I'm still holding it when it goes off.
I also wear a vibrating watch, I paid £80 for this yet I cannot feel it going off, I had to get it, or I would be fired from work, they deemed I wasnt doing enough to get myself up to work.

Check out Sonic Alert.

https://www.sonicalert.com/

That would be better option for you instead of holding your phone. It wakes me up every time it goes off and I am a deep sleeper.

I have a sonic alarm clock :D works every time
I'm going to look at the Sonic Boom Ive been having to wake up at 3 am a lot and have been sleeping in my HAs, have the adaptive features on my phone flashing and vibrate then another stupidly loud alarm next to my pillow that wakes up all my roommates haba

I agree with secretblend. I have a sonic alert hooked to a lamp here at home and I used the 'travel size' sonic alert with the bed shaker puck recently for 3 months in Utah. That thing WORKED- surprising me nicely. Only twice I had trouble and it was because the little puck thing slid off the bed (I move around a lot and not gently either lol). It was strong enough to wake me but don't think it was loud enough to wake my next door housemate.. that I know of- he never said anything.

I'm going to look at the Sonic Boom Ive been having to wake up at 3 am a lot and have been sleeping in my HAs, have the adaptive features on my phone flashing and vibrate then another stupidly loud alarm next to my pillow that wakes up all my roommates haba
you should look into getting sonic boom clock. it vibrates the bed to wake you up. It does me everytime. and it really does work :)

Okay, so I'm deaf, I now have both Hearing Aids, and Cochlear Implants. One in each ear.

My family wakes me up for work every day mostly because I'm deaf and the only way I wake up is by light. Or being shook.

My mom decided somehow she can prepare me for life on situations where I would have to move out on my own. Survive on my own. So, the thoughtful mother that she is, she went out and bought "iluv" - an app and device that works together - the device looks like a alien spaceship, and it goes in your pillow or on it - however you like it.

I try it for the first night, I charge it. Cool, right? Except when I connected it, I left my phone alone for charging, and leaving it alone for the next morning... I felt like it never came on. I look at my phone, it says iluv "dismissed." Next day, I try again. This time, it never came on. My phone was on "standby," but surely running in the background. But magically, my iluv "disconnected" itself. I'm looking at it like "WTF? Why didn't it shake me!?" I try again the next day. Same shit.

We bought a new phone, thinking it would solve many of our phone issues, including this... I try again, same crap.

I'm thinking to myself "Mom's not gonna like this, so I will have to try something else." I charged the thing to max, repeat the process. Nothing.

Then we go into a huge argument about the whole thing, and one thing led to the other, turned into one big fat argument.

So, back to the original question: How do you wake up for work? What's the best way to wake up on your own?

If you have certain qualifications, you could get a hearing service dog!! if you set an alarm the pup will alert you

That is a good question. I was looking for such devices on ebay, and there are plenty of them, not really expensive and reviews say they work fine. I will keep reading the responses anyway, seems like a very interesting question.
Saludos

I use two alarms on both sides of the bed: a Sonic Bomb (which I barely tolerate) that's always waking me at the wrong time, which I've been unable to figure how to use it since I bought it, and another model shaker alarm on the other side. Lot of fun.....

I use a fitbit watch. I assume I’m a light sleeper, so I’m usually up before the alarm goes off 99% of the time.

Last edited:
Back