How Do You Wake Up For Work?

Agent X

Reaction score
Okay, so I'm deaf, I now have both Hearing Aids, and Cochlear Implants. One in each ear.

My family wakes me up for work every day mostly because I'm deaf and the only way I wake up is by light. Or being shook.

My mom decided somehow she can prepare me for life on situations where I would have to move out on my own. Survive on my own. So, the thoughtful mother that she is, she went out and bought "iluv" - an app and device that works together - the device looks like a alien spaceship, and it goes in your pillow or on it - however you like it.

I try it for the first night, I charge it. Cool, right? Except when I connected it, I left my phone alone for charging, and leaving it alone for the next morning... I felt like it never came on. I look at my phone, it says iluv "dismissed." Next day, I try again. This time, it never came on. My phone was on "standby," but surely running in the background. But magically, my iluv "disconnected" itself. I'm looking at it like "WTF? Why didn't it shake me!?" I try again the next day. Same shit.

We bought a new phone, thinking it would solve many of our phone issues, including this... I try again, same crap.

I'm thinking to myself "Mom's not gonna like this, so I will have to try something else." I charged the thing to max, repeat the process. Nothing.

Then we go into a huge argument about the whole thing, and one thing led to the other, turned into one big fat argument.

So, back to the original question: How do you wake up for work? What's the best way to wake up on your own?

Some of us use the Sonic Alert bed vibe/lamp flasher.
https://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&k...vtargid=kwd-3140743578&ref=pd_sl_3o1rhm27bf_b

Or a viberating wrist watch.
https://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&k...vtargid=kwd-2618953358&ref=pd_sl_443ss4x6yp_b

Or option 3# Mom and a bucket of ice cold water. :)

Or a dog with a wet nose.

I wake up naturally in plenty of time. But should I over sleep for some reason, my cat will take me up, with taps on my face, because he wants his breakfast. ;)

Some people do use the built in alarm on phones and set it to vibrate. I don't as to me the vibration is kind of light and doesn't always wake me up.

My method is the Sonic Boom clock with lamp.

I woke up about every hour ,I had an alarm clock but was worried I wouldn't hear it.

Another Sonic Boom with bed shaker user here. I've had mine for 5 or 6 years.

I have the Sonic Boom also. Currently using my Moto360 watch my Fitbit worked great also. Many options out there.

i use two equipment to wake me up. One with 110 watts bulb on the lamp with sonic clock and my cell phone attached with flashing light and vibration.

wake-up-machine.gif

because all vibration alarms won't work for me

I set a very loud alarm on my phone and who ever wakes up first comes in my room and throws things at me until I turn it off. I need a sonic boom alarm

Lol, I am pretty tight sleeper and often end up getting woken up by my husband because he's annoyed by the alarm while I don't even hear it or have already turned it off in my sleep

wake-up-machine.gif

because all vibration alarms won't work for me
:laugh2: I slept over my sister's house and she was trying to wake me up by tapping on my hand , she was doing it for 5 minutes before I woke up in bad mood.
Something was bugging while was sleeping , I would rather she gave one big push to wake me up instead of tapping on my hand .

I use the sonic alert vibrator. It sits between the mattresses. Works like a charm for me but then again, I'm a light sleeper.

i use two equipment to wake me up. One with 110 watts bulb on the lamp with sonic clock and my cell phone attached with flashing light and vibration.

How did you attach cell phone with flashing light? (bed vibrators don't always wake me up- only one that ever did was that big giant blue boxy one back in the 80s lol)

Good question. I would kind of think so. But it might be that the box springs give it that impact. Does your foam mattress sit on top of box springs?

Back