How do you tell that a person is gay or lesbian?

I'm gonna have to disagree, there. I know a few people who are very "in your face" about their orientation, both guys and girls. It's usually just a result of them being insecure or immature, though. I certainly wouldn't say they represent the majority of us. ;)

Well, yeah. I would say the younger gay kids are just coming to terms with it.

Well, yeah. I would say the younger gay kids are just coming to terms with it.

Sadly, I know some people who are old enough that they should be way past this, and just aren't. (I know one who's 36 and still acts like 12 year old most of the time...). It just depends on the person.

Sadly, I know some people who are old enough that they should be way past this, and just aren't. (I know one who's 36 and still acts like 12 year old most of the time...). It just depends on the person.

Sounds like there's some bigger issues there O.o

Sounds like there's some bigger issues there O.o

Actually it kind of makes sense.

i've noticed that the later that the person "comes out"--they're prone to "party, party, party" as if they are recapturing their lost youth.

Afterall, us gaybies are fixated on youth and looking it.

Actually it kind of makes sense.

i've noticed that the later that the person "comes out"--they're prone to "party, party, party" as if they are recapturing their lost youth.

Afterall, us gaybies are fixated on youth and looking it.

It's true. I really don't like how gay men are obsessed with being young. I don't mind aging - the alternative to not growing old is being dead, LOL.

It's true. I really don't like how gay men are obsessed with being young. I don't mind aging - the alternative to not growing old is being dead, LOL.

A boy after my own heart! :lol:

You said it--nothing like being "Gay-N-Gray!" :lol:

Well my gaydar is so off. I even tried to flirt with a couple of gay men & convert them over the rainbow to no avail! Decided to become a faghag & Mawmy so I could have the really cute ones to myself.. still do! :naughty:

Sometimes I can tell but the more I learn the small behaviors that deviate from 'straight' behaviors the more 'trained' I become at figuring out the gays from the straights. However when it comes to lipstick lesbians you can completely forget it because I would hate to subtly flirt with a girl only to find out she has a boyfriend that is a linebacker on the football team. :shock: Either that or she has a dad that is a very avid hunter with a fine collection of guns............ :eek:

But there have been a few times that I was right on the money about someone being gay. There are two other guys at work that are gay, one of which is openly bi, and there is a third that is a closeted gay. We did have an open flamer that made it a point to act as gay as possible and he was definitely not the norm, he was also 19 and very immature.

I have been told that there is a lipstick lesbian on my shift but damn with all primped and finely pressed ladies there it is very difficult to tell. Not only that she may not even work in my department so I would never get the opportunity to observe her behavior enough to determine her sexuality.

Hmmm

Sometimes people who look gay are straight.
I have a friend who acts gay but he's actually straight.
He said that he already kissed man to know how it feels but didn't
like it. I also have another friend ( my best friend) who's a tomboy but she actually likes guys, she kissed girls before but'it was for fun, she's straight.
But I got to tell you something hahahahaa my gaydar is pretty good because I've never mistaken anyone hahaahaha. Of course it'll happen sometime but I was never wrong before hahahaa.

But what I want to know is how do you tell the lipstick lesbians from the average chic and and the masculine gays from the otherwise normal guy?

Of course you also run into the metrosexual which are basically straight guys that act very gay IE - manicures and pedicures, very high sense of style, etc.

sometimes i cant tell if they were gay or not. some gay people are good at hiding for good reasons. :shrug:

:DYou got to pay attention at them
Sometimes they seem pretty straight but they are lesbians. When i see a girl and I'm not sure if she's gay because she's all girly, I pay VERY CLOSE attention on the way she looks at another woman. I have an ex girlfriend who is a lipstick lesbian, I knew she was gay because sometimes she stared at girls in a different way hahaha a straight person wouldn't notice but I did.

sometimes i cant tell if they were gay or not. some gay people are good at hiding for good reasons. :shrug:

You should never go out of your way to HIDE who you are.

Just because some homosexuals do not fit in with gender norms doesnt make them all up in peoples faces about their sexuality.

To Byrdie - thanks for teaching me the fact abt knowing how to tell if a person is gay/str8 !!!

I'd be careful and act more str8 - if you tell me that question, I'd lift my foot in front of me instead of in back.

Once again, thanks!!!! *evil laugh*

i cant judge on person to see if they are gay or lebso unless they tell me they are then thats my answer and also some straight guys do wear pink shirt but does that mean they are gay? not always so i just prefer them to tell me thats all or me ask them when its right time to ask heh

You can't tell until someone mentions a same-sex partner. There are a lot of people that fit or don't fit the stereotypes regardless of their actual orientation. The only way to know is if they tell you.

Back