How Do You Sign This Word?

Last edited:
Thanks. Is there a sign for Cherabim, or am I doomed to spell it? I checked at lifeprint, aslpro, deafmissions, and savvysigning.

Thanks. Is there a sign for Cherabim, or am I doomed to spell it? I checked at lifeprint, aslpro, deafmissions, and savvysigning.

Do you mean "cherubim?"

You could sign baby+angel, child+angel, small+angel, young+angel.

You get the picture.

Cherub=singular form
Cherubim= plural form

Heavenly creatures, a type of angel.

Depends on the context. If the sign is used in a lesson teaching about cherubim, spelling is best. If it's being used in a song, probably angel would work better.

How are you using it?

On that video at about the 3:10 mark she does a sign with two hands- one raised, one lowered, kind of like an 'ok' shape, they come to meet each other and are linked (sorry, I am very bad at describing things).
Can somebody tell me what that sign is? And I am sorry if I am being a pest.
I think you're referring to the CONNECT sign. It has many glosses, depending on the context.

Cherub=singular form
Cherubim= plural form

Heavenly creatures, a type of angel.

Depends on the context. If the sign is used in a lesson teaching about cherubim, spelling is best. If it's being used in a song, probably angel would work better.

How are you using it?

If I'm lucky, never again.=) Sorry, I'm in a silly mood.

It was both in a lesson and a song. That was just a coincidence that I had to face both in the same hour. For the lesson I spelled it, and later wrote down the verse reference used if my friend wanted to look it up and find out more.

For the song, I gave up signing and pointed to the words in the song book because that verse in the song is 'cherubim and seraphim...' and I am just not up to that, and it seemed unkind to my friend to force my bad fingerspelling on her.

I was just curious if there was a sign for them.

I think you're referring to the CONNECT sign. It has many glosses, depending on the context.

Oooooooh. That makes sense. I was confused because I'd seen it used in a love song on youtube that didn't have anything to do with defense. Now it's clicking into place in my ratchety brain.

For those that sign, how do YOU sign "computer"? It seems there are many different ways to sign this word.

I sign computer with a 'c' hand moving back and forth across the opposite forearm, that seems to be common around here.

Can anyone suggest what word or concept this sign might mean: slightly curved '5' hand, palm down, fingers on forehead and flexing like they do when you sign "weak"?

...Can anyone suggest what word or concept this sign might mean: Slightly curved '5' hand, palm down, fingers on forehead and flexing like they do when you sign "weak"?
It is FEEBLE-MINDED.

Can somebody help me check on a translation? I asked the LDS missionaries to teach us this verse in ASL
Isaiah 44:6:
Thus says the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and besides me there is no God.

This is what they say:
Exact Lord king area Israel (point to the side) his redeemer Lord high up say myself first and also myself last.

Thanks.

How would you sign 'lose heart?' As in, "You shouldn't lose heart."

And 'last,' as in, "I want the next pair of shoes to last."

How would you sign 'lose heart?' As in, "You shouldn't lose heart."

And 'last,' as in, "I want the next pair of shoes to last."

"lose heart" = QUIT or GIVE-UP or DISCOURAGE, depending on the full context

"last" = CONTINUE

"lose heart" = QUIT or GIVE-UP or DISCOURAGE, depending on the full context

"last" = CONTINUE

:ty: and would you sign discourage by signing encourage while shaking your head in the negative, maybe adding a 'not'?

:ty: and would you sign discourage by signing encourage while shaking your head in the negative, maybe adding a 'not'?

Discourage has it's own sign.

Both A hands palm down in front of chest. Throw them upward together ending in the 5 position.

Back