How do you like using VRI at urgent care?

pixiestix

Reaction score
I'm curious. There's this person on FB that is very anti-VRI in medical setting.

I have no qualms about using it, especially in urgent care/ER dept., especially when you need immediate attention and can't wait for an interpreter.

Lots of people say they have bad experiences about VRI and it is hard for me to fathom it.

I used VRI yesterday in urgent care and I was there only 45 minutes which was really nice otherwise I'd be stuck there much longer waiting for an interpreter.

VRI and VRS are basically the same. If you hate vri so much, then why do you use VRS, no different there.

Enlighten me on this one please.

Some people who are patients may have hard times understanding the interpreter in the screen when it comes to the medical field. Some patients requests for CDI to come, and it is very helpful. VRI would often get freeze while the doctor keeps talking and talking. it would mess up the time and mess up for patients to understand. VRI woulld not able to stop doctor from talking when patients have some questions. The best thing is to have interpreters being there and faster.

If i were a patient myself. If they wont provide me an interpeter because of VRI then i will ask CDI to come then. No matter what If I am capable of understanding doctors but I still need interpreter being there or CDI being there if VRI is there.

Recently My friend who works with DV and beig in the court. They got VRI, guess what VRI got frozen. The court needs to be rescheduled twice. :roll: Intereprter is very available, and relible and less misunderstanding.

I hate VRI!

Back