how do u fill the hole inside?

I've come to the conclusion that I have to have goals. Or maybe just an idea that I'm thinking about and learning about. Philosophy and religion are interesting to learn about. Really my goal is to always be learning more about what I think and what others think. The idea that I will never fully comprehend something is great! I will always have more to learn and be amazed by!

So many good suggestions, since I wrote this post I have done the following ;

Got a new 3 month old chocolate Siamese kitten,
Made more friends,
Found new hobby,
Meditation on goals and how to view some things in life differently.
Im sure there's more but it's been nice and feels good. Hope u all benefit:hmm:ed.:cool2:

So many good suggestions, since I wrote this post I have done the following ;

Got a new 3 month old chocolate Siamese kitten,
Made more friends,
Found new hobby,
Meditation on goals and how to view some things in life differently.
Im sure there's more but it's been nice and feels good. Hope u all benefit:hmm:ed.:cool2:
Siamese are my favorite kitties. :)

I agree! Cool looking cats, but *ahhhhchoooo* No cats in this house. :lol:
Aw, that's too bad. :(

Siamese aren't just beautiful (which they are). They're also very smart, and have interesting personalities. We've had several different ones (seal point, blue point, and lynx point).

We've also had an Oriental short hair cat, which is similar to Siamese except solid color (black with gold eyes). Same kind of personality and intelligence.

Doing sports like riding dirt bikes (wink), hanging out with friends, or going out to your study place to study or read books can fill in the hole in your life. :)

Or like Grummer said, start a project that is daily updated toward your goal. :)

Since it's finally Spring, guessing most of us are able to get outside more. It works for me, especially my flower garden and working with refinishing some of my wood furniture. Made a goal for myself to try to accomplish something everyday and have a lot of projects going on with myself daily.

practice-makes-perfect-but-still-wont-fill-the-hole-in-your-soul.jpg

For me, I find daily sitting meditation helps me a lot, along with a T'ai Chi Chih practice, to fill that "hole" inside. I have found people can't fill that hole, only we can. Lots of paths/practices to do that, from religion to spiritual practices, philosophical studies, journaling, etc. :) I have let myself become isolated for a number of years, and now that I am older, it's hard to make new friends as old ones have died of or moved further away. I have my DH and my adult daughter, and my faithful dog. :cool2: But of course, that's not enough. I am not as mobile as I once was, with arthritis, so I am not as active. I haven't been a group joiner due to my hearing loss. :(

So, I do find balance by doing my meditation and I am getting more positive because of it. And I am reaching out and learning lip reading and ASL at this late date in my life. While I am HOH and wear 2 hearing aids, I know the day has come when "technology" is not always enough. So I am learning new ways to aid my communication with others, but I am also getting to know others through these classes who are like me and making new friends. And we are patient and supportive of each other because we understand what we are going through.

So, I say, pursue your interests. Reach out and keep learning. Don't stop growing. No matter how old we are! :aw:

I fill my "hole" inside in a variety of ways. My friends, who are pretty much my adopted family as far as I'm concerned, help a lot. I keep myself busy, and that helps, too. I am a yarn addict. I crochet a lot of things; I can crochet a hat in half an hour, flat. No kidding. I LOVE making things for people as gifts, and seeing their faces light up when they recieve them is the very BEST part. My bunnies are also soooo important to me. Pets have unending amounts of love. (Especially if you feed them and spoil them! Haha :) ) And, I spent a lot of time on the computer. But I would have to say that my friends, my bunnies, and making crafty things are the things I use to fill up my "hole" inside.

Back