How Can You Love God and Hate Someone ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
5. Who do you say Jesus is?
5. I believe what the Bible says, "God loved the whole world so much, that he gave his only begotten SON, John 3:16
John 3
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Obviously, the One in Whom people believe had to be God. No human was worthy enough nor endowed with that power. Believing in a human can't gain anyone everlasting life. Jesus was the only begotten Son; He was not created, He was not an angel, He was not a ghost.

II Corinthians 11
3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. 4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

So I'll ask again: Who do you say Jesus is?

Are you wanting to hear the truth, or is it your desire to prove what you already believe?
I could ask you the same thing.

My answer: The truth and what I believe are one and the same.

John 3
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Obviously, the One in Whom people believe had to be God. No human was worthy enough nor endowed with that power. Believing in a human can't gain anyone everlasting life. Jesus was the only begotten Son; He was not created, He was not an angel, He was not a ghost.

II Corinthians 11
3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. 4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

So I'll ask again: Who do you say Jesus is?

I could ask you the same thing.

My answer: The truth and what I believe are one and the same.

Luke 1:32, 35 "He will be great, and will be called the son of the Most High".

John 3

I agree, no normal human could buy back mankind from sin and death, just an I idea though....do you think the perfect son of God could...do you think it possible, just an idea that is all?
John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Matt. 1: Abraham begat isaac and Isaac begat jacob and Jacob begat Judas and his brethren. Nd Jusa begat Phares and Zara of Thamar and Phares begat Esrom and Esrom begat, there are quite a bit of begotten sons here.

Luke 1:32, 35 "He will be great, and will be called the son of the Most High".
Luke 1
32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

Isaiah 9
6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. 7 Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.

Matthew 1:23, " Behold, the virgin shall be with child, and shall call His name IMMANUEL, which, being interpreted, is GOD WITH US."., vs 25, ".....he called His name JESUS ( Jehoshua, meaning Jehoval is salvation). Son of God implied as God Himself. As misusing greek on John 1 been tainted by using Jesus is "a" god. Correct language interpret is "... The Word was God..." Not was "a" god. If Jesus was a god, then that will be other god(s). And wouldn't be any angels, wouldn't be any wisemen, wouldn't be some shephards and etc. Jesus gave up His glory to become Son of Man. After His resurrection, His glory been brought back to draw all people to Him for those who believe IN Him, not "about" Him. Studied thru OT and NT does matched of description who He is. All other religion has so much blind spot and misrepresent Christ and pervert and tainting who Christ really is. No hate toward JW, but doesn't agree their teaching.

Luke 1
32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

Isaiah 9
6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. 7 Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.

Well there is hope!

I agree, no normal human could buy back mankind from sin and death, just an I idea though....do you think the perfect son of God could...do you think it possible, just an idea that is all?
All humans (after Adam and Eve) are (and were) born "normal"; that is, they are all born with an inherited sin nature. Therefore, no human could redeem mankind from sin and death because no human was without sin. Only God is (and was) holy and without sin. Only Jesus could be born in a flesh and blood body without sin because He was God. He didn't inherit a sin nature, and He didn't commit any sins during His life on earth. Only Jesus could be the sinless sacrifice, the Lamb without spot or blemish. No human could do that.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Matt. 1: Abraham begat isaac and Isaac begat jacob and Jacob begat Judas and his brethren. Nd Jusa begat Phares and Zara of Thamar and Phares begat Esrom and Esrom begat, there are quite a bit of begotten sons here.
So? The ones you listed were "begat" by human sinners. None of them were begotten by God.

Well there is hope!
Isaiah 9

Our hope is in Jesus Christ, Lord and Savior, "Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace."

Isaiah 9

Our hope is in Jesus Christ, Lord and Savior, "Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace."

He is our only hope, and his hope....the Almighty God.

Hey time to start a new thread, perhaps the heading should be, Is Jesus God, the trinity discussed. What do you think?

Hey time to start a new thread, perhaps the heading should be, Is Jesus God, the trinity discussed. What do you think?
Why bother? You don't answer my questions in this thread, and you copy and paste the same posts in more than one thread. Why duplicate all that? It's hard enough trying to keep up with copied posts. Instead of starting a new thread, we should probably merge these duplicate threads.

Most religions deserve a lot of criticism, remember Jesus said, many will CLAIM to represent him but truly do not.
As to your questions, it is a two way street. And you are very dogmatic about your beliefs, so the motivation is really not there to answer every allegation.
One woman says in her book, that the Witnesses tried to work with Hitler! Do you think that deserves a response?!
You imply that Witnesses were taking an anti war stance just before WWII to avoid fighting. That ignores all recorded history.

Yes, at one time the Bible Students did get involved in wars, as a matter of fact, many who are now Witnesses were in the armed services, some highly decorated. They like the early Bible students saw that the Bible was clearly against Christians killing one another.
What I have seen about them is that as students they change when the light gets brighter, other organizations cannot and do not change. The Apostles and the early Christian congregation did the same, when offered correction most changed.
The Bible says that is what you all once WERE, Witnesses are no different from anyone else, they were before they applied what the Bible says, like the world around them. So, is it better to stop killing or keep killing?

To round things off, I am not trying to win a battle here, just enlighten, or share some of the things that led me to my present beliefs.

Most religions deserve a lot of criticism, remember Jesus said, many will CLAIM to represent him but truly do not.
Yep.

... And you are very dogmatic about your beliefs...
And you are not? :P

...One woman says in her book, that the Witnesses tried to work with Hitler! Do you think that deserves a response?!
It should be easy to do.

You imply that Witnesses were taking an anti war stance just before WWII to avoid fighting. That ignores all recorded history.
If it is recorded, then please give me the link to read. I would like to read the dated Watchtower document that states pacifism is an official JW doctrine.

Yes, at one time the Bible Students did get involved in wars, as a matter of fact, many who are now Witnesses were in the armed services, some highly decorated.
I'm not talking about individuals. I want to know when the official JW doctrine of pacifisim was decided and published.

... So, is it better to stop killing or keep killing?
Avoiding involvement in war doesn't necessarily stop the killing. During the years that the USA avoiding joining the WWII battle, did the Nazi killing stop? Or did the Nazi killing stop after they were defeated by Allied military might?

If a crazed person is running thru a school shooting innocent children, killing the shooter will stop the killing. Or should we just let him go on?

To round things off, I am not trying to win a battle here, just enlighten, or share some of the things that led me to my present beliefs.
Same here. :)

II Chronicles 20
15 And he said, Hearken ye, all Judah, and ye inhabitants of Jerusalem, and thou king Jehoshaphat, Thus saith the LORD unto you, Be not afraid nor dismayed by reason of this great multitude; for the battle is not yours, but God's.

Why?

Deal first with the facts you have been given, most importantly in the areas of loving your neighbor and praying for your enemy, turning the other cheek.
Quite frankly, you like other modern day "christians", are very secular in your view of war.
While I understand what you are trying to say. you like myself and millions of others, must truly search the teachings of Christ, if you feel justified afterwards that is between you and God. Just as it is with all of us.

Now as to some of your statements, like Jesus, he did not reply when he felt as though the questioner was not really interested in the truth but was looking for some pretext. What I am saying is, I could fully answer every question, my time is better spent helping those who want to learn.

So really, why are you bothering to ask further questions that you have no interest in hearing what the truth is?

From this point, you can believe what you want, but the scriptures will expose to those who want to see, while God will continue to let those who want to be blind, remain so.

Nicene Creed and the Truth about the Trinity

They will beat their swords into plowshares, peace and goodwill towards all men, that is happening now...and you can be a part of it!!!

II Chronicles 20
15 And he said, Hearken ye, all Judah, and ye inhabitants of Jerusalem, and thou king Jehoshaphat, Thus saith the LORD unto you, Be not afraid nor dismayed by reason of this great multitude; for the battle is not yours, but God's

Last edited:
Wow, that's competely twisting and accusation and timidating comments. Taking out of context? No. Being secular views? No. We interpret what the whole context of the chapters and verses. Condemning us by thinking by hating JW and etc. The most out of context I seen is JW using. We don't forgive you? No. We do forgive you. We re the one sharing the truth and have the whole about who Christ is, not taking part off of who Christ is.

They will beat their swords into plowshares, peace and goodwill towards all men, that is happening now...and you can be a part of it!!!
No, that is NOT happening now. This verse refers to the Millenial rule of Christ that happens after the Tribulation, which happens after the Rapture.

Isaiah 2
4 And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.

...Now as to some of your statements, like Jesus, he did not reply when he felt as though the questioner was not really interested in the truth but was looking for some pretext. What I am saying is, I could fully answer every question, my time is better spent helping those who want to learn....
:lol: What a cop out! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back