How Can You Love God and Hate Someone ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrickPony

Reaction score
Many of you stated you hated Jehovah's Witnesses...If you love God, but you showed that you do not love God by hating Jehovah's Witnesses or anyone....If you are a Christian and still hated Jehovah's Witnesses, but you also showed that you are not a True Christian by hating Jehovah's Witnesses or anyone...

I found in the Scriptures ( 1 John 4:20,21 )

20 If anyone makes the statement: "I love God," and yet is hating his brother, he is a liar. For he who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot be loving God, whom he has not seen.

21 And this commandment we have from him, that the one who loves God should be loving his brother also.

I've seen many of you bashed on Jehovah's Witnesses, saying all kinds of cruels thing about them, I do not see any Jehovah's Witnesses saying any kinds of cruels thing about you or your religions.

I can see that Jehovah's Witnesses showed they truly love God and they still continues to love their enemy no-matters what if their enemy don't love them back, but they will continues to love you anyway by being different and as being a True Christian following Jesus example to love everyone no-matters what......Amen!

Well, I don't hate them. I just don't believe in their doctrines. That's all. Plain and simple.

I don't hate them - they are human-beings like we are. Jehovah's Witnesses at times can be very annoying. Having moved to a new city years ago, not a single of them have bothered me, which is a good thing. Should I run into one now, I won't be rude to them -- but let them know I was not interested and walk away.

Many of you stated you hated Jehovah's Witnesses...If you love God, but you showed that you do not love God by hating Jehovah's Witnesses or anyone....If you are a Christian and still hated Jehovah's Witnesses, but you also showed that you are not a True Christian by hating Jehovah's Witnesses or anyone...

20 If anyone makes the statement: "I love God," and yet is hating his brother, he is a liar. For he who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot be loving God, whom he has not seen.

21 And this commandment we have from him, that the one who loves God should be loving his brother also.

I've seen many of you bashed on Jehovah's Witnesses, saying all kinds of cruels thing about them, I do not see any Jehovah's Witnesses saying any kinds of cruels thing about you or your religions.

I can see that Jehovah's Witnesses showed they truly love God and they still continues to love their enemy no-matters what if their enemy don't love them back, but they will continues to love you anyway by being different and as being a True Christian following Jesus example to love everyone no-matters what......Amen!

One can't hate a person to the point of bashing them and still love God. However, if one does not have the same beliefs as the Christian, the Christian must forsake the beliefs of the one to be able to love God as well. There is a difference, even though the KJV uses the word hate where forsake should be used. Jesus put loving your God above you neighbor and your neighbor above yourself, so I think that Christians should look at where their heart is if they are guilty of bashing on people.

What make u think we hate them? They are good and nicest people I ever met but if u in my shoes, they come here everyweek and we repeat told them not to.They don't listen. We are so fed up with them. I know one deaf woman who was JW, they kicked her out of JW because she did not followed thier rules. U wonder why? because she was most unfortunely to be alive with only second grade level in reading and did not get to same spirit level as JW do. How can she live a perfect life as JW if she does not understand thier docrtine.

Hating and disagreement doesn't mean the same. Suppose husband and wife has some disagreements, does that mean they hate each other? No. Is it really bashing or clarify or discuss POV? Hating JW? Now. Disagreeing of their doctrines? Yes. Does anyone hate Saddam Hussein? What did Jesus say about loving your enemies? We don't aprrove his actions, but I don't hate him. It is a sticky issue. The problem so many so determine to believe another person is that way. And yes, sometimes when someone quote and claim that's how christian is, or beliefs or anything that isn't correct, we do have a right to correct or making POV whatever the discussions is about.

First, let's correctly interpret these verses. The commandment is addressed to Christians only. They are commanded to love their "brothers". Their brothers are fellow Christians. People who are not Christians, are not "brothers." There is no brother or sister relationship with people who are not in the family of God. They are outside the family.

That being said, it doesn't mean that Christians should "hate" JW's. We should desire salvation for them, same as anyone else. However, we can (and should) disagree with their doctrines, and do nothing to support their religion. We can't support teachings that oppose the truth. We should speak the truth against false beliefs and doctrines but without making personal attacks.

That is the point

When you look back at the messengers Jesus sent in the past to give warnings, the one common denominator is they were hated. We really do not know if Noah was hated, but his message was no doubt very unpopular, how long did he preach? Perhaps 200 years, then add that to the fact he was building this wood thing, people may have said, what a waste of time, and wood!
Noah, his wife, their sons and daughters in law then watched as their nieces, nephews, uncles, aunts,mothers, sisters and brothers drown.
They laughed at Lot, then everyone in the city was destroyed, they stoned the prophets and cut them in half, then they too were destroyed or taken off to Babylon.
We are not left to imagine what they felt about Jesus, here is guy shows up and says, "I am the truth and the light, and no one comes to the father except through me". What!!!! My family and I have been worshipping God at the temple for a thousand years, this is the religion Moses started. are you better than him? Give it a break pal, and what is going to happen to me if I do not follow your new religion, I am going to destroyed, along with the temple? Hey look everyone, the carpenter who built our outhouse says he is the Christ and we should follow him, You come to my door with that? everyone grab a rock, lets stone this blasphemer!
We know he drove them into a frenzy just like the messengers of old, and that seems to be what Jesus does before he destroys people, he warns them until they are so sick....then there is no excuse.
I am not saying the Witnesses have the truth, but, the message does sound familiar.

Did you know that the Apostles thought Jesus would return before John died?

They also kept asking, "Are you restoring your kingdom at this time"? The early christian congregation had to be corrected on MANY matters. The important part? They were open to correction. Read the last chapter of John and the first chapter of Acts. Really, read the Bible, the Jews were always going off the mark in very serious ways, as were the Chistians, note also what happened when they failed to get back on the right path.
Important to note also, Jesus never asked them to do anything that would harm them, no, it was for their own good. In fact, he told them their lives would be better now, and he promised them everlasting life if they did what was right.

Related thought about door to door preachers

Important to note, Noah preached destruction, Jeremiah, Isaiah, all the minor prophets, remember Sodom? Jesus spoke of the destruction of the Jewish system of things, which occurred in 70 C.E. with over one million men, women and children slaughtered by the Romans, Jesus also spoke of the destruction of the world of unbelievers, he also stated that very few would follow him.
Notice that Jesus always gave warnings, before he destroyed people?
If we believe in him, do we really believe he will allow all these bad things to continue? Do we think that these religions with all this blood on their hands would be used by him for anything?
In what form would we expect him to warn us? He did say there would be a great preaching work, the Kingdom is mentioned over one hundred times in the Gospels, and this is what he said would be preached throughout the world.

I never thought about it quite this way

If you truly believe what the Bible says, then, you have to believe people told Noah, what a waste of time, and hey, they might have said, this wood could be used for something more useful.
Noah, his wife, their sons and their wives watched as all the people were drowned, this more than likely included, their nieces, nephews, mothers, sisters, brothers, uncles, and aunts.
When Lot was warning his soon to be sons in law, they thought it was a joke, then Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed along with everyone in them. When the prophets said that the Jews were in grave danger, they resented it big time.

I ask my self this question

the god in the old testament is an asshole while the god in the new testament is a fairy.

Do I enjoy my sense of sight, hearing, taste, touch, do love to laugh and have a good time with friends, do I enjoy a cool glass of wine, a wonderful sunset, a beautiful woman, all the things that sustain me, yes I do. And I consider them a spectacular gift, and although I sometimes do not understand the one who gave me these things, I think a benefactor like that certainly derserves any effort it might require to learn why he does things a certain way, or not.
I am still learning new facts about him everyday, and I mean that in the most non religious pragmatic way.

I don't hate them, but JW is annoying religion.. JW is pushing people to beleives stuff..
I believes we are just human being. I don't have enemy with any religion as long they don't pushing me.

Lets talk about sex

Just one little area, I mean come on, anyone who thinks a beautiful woman's body came about by accident, and then, how the two sexes come together, each having something the other needs to procreate, not to mention the kindness of evolution to invent the big O! if you understand where I am....well, I just do not buy it.

I did not go into a lot of detail there but you could on a billion other subjects and come to the same conclusions.

As far as evolution is concerned, I think space aliens is a much more believable hypothesis, you know they came, dropped us off, caught some germ died, now we are left to figure it out.

With the whole God and Bible issue, people just reason, hey, if there were a God that could make all these spectacular things, he would step in and do something. And it kills me with these so called Jesus people, them saying they are Christians is like me saying I am a brain surgeon, I believe in brain surgery...let me have a shot a yours. I nor they resemble either.

There have been only a few real Christians, since the original's died out 2000 years ago. Since then the world has been filled with these I believe in Jesus types, and it is a well known fact that they are covered in blood, hypocrisy, and just overall apathy and ignorance. And they are quite proud of it.

ig. Hitler would not have come to power without them, Spain's civil war, the crusades, the inquisition(600 years!), and were not just talking about Catholics, it is the majority.
Hey and if you did not believe they would kill you then, and many would still kill you now, they will drop that cross and drop you with an ak47 faster than a politician can make a promise. Can I get an amen?!

Any thinking person looks at the history of the churches and says, "If these people represent God and the Bible, there must not be any value to it, and there cannot be a God!! Viola! Hello evolution, free us from the idiots please.

A question for askjo or any of the "Christians", when did Jesus give his followers the permission to kill someone, New Testament only please, in Jesus words. Funny, so called Christians have little to do with the Jews UNTIL they need and excuse for a much desired slaughterfest, hey the Jews did it! But again, show us where Jesus gave you permission to slaughter people in war.

Last edited:
Agreed with Reba, CyberRed and christlovedeaf!

Reason, I left JW because they have a wrong DOCTRINE!! I dreamt that I saw Jesus blood on His cross and crown that he was on throne to die for my sins and that is how I got saved through Jesus Christ. I researched JW's doctrine and KJV are in conflicts!!! THE REASON I hate JW's DOCTRINE due to my abusive family, strict rules, and their legalism!! It not God's GRACE and LOVE!!!

After I got saved through Jesus Christ and in the next few weeks I was shocked and finding out more in all chapters of John and John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. Exactly, I dreamed about Jesus and it matched!

-------------------------------------------------------

TrickPony, It doesn't make sense conflicts with your mentioned statement below, JW is a cult that is not a good example to be part of Christian's issue. You insulted me that I was not a true Christian and that doesn't make any sense that JW is not in Christian. JW is a cult. Where did you get the idea from to put in this together?

Because you won't accept Jesus Christ then you are denied to God. For example, you are supposed to show a love. For whoever accepted Jesus Christ into their heart, then you would be able to show love to God as well show the love to the people. You think that JW don't believed in Jesus Christ then how they can show them a love??

TrickPony, Many of you stated you hated Jehovah's Witnesses...If you love God, but you showed that you do not love God by hating Jehovah's Witnesses or anyone....If you are a Christian and still hated Jehovah's Witnesses, but you also showed that you are not a True Christian by hating Jehovah's Witnesses or anyone...

This is what you said on here... "I've seen many of you bashed on Jehovah's Witnesses, saying all kinds of cruels thing about them, I do not see any Jehovah's Witnesses saying any kinds of cruels thing about you or your religions."

How do you feel when JW bashed, pushy on deaf people's home tooo ?!?!?!

why not annoyed them back instead of hating JW, why not
just argue with them about what you know about your God???

I don't hate JW but I just don't like it when they repeatly come to my home and try to push their beliefs in me and convert to their religion. I just want them to have respect for us because all of us have different beliefs and paths in life. :cool:

A story from South Florida

A Witness was going door to door and a man answered the door he seemed to be very, very angry, the Witness started talking to him about how little peace there is in the world, and man started to calm down, when he was offered the reading material the man took it, he also said it was ok to come back. The next week the Witness did come back and the man invited him him, he told the Witness that before they started their discussion he needed to thank him for saving his wife's life, the Witness said that he did not recall meeting his wife and the man said I know, but last week when you came I was about to kill her, I had the hammer on my gun pulled back and then you came to the door.
Now while we so called Christians are home putting up stupid, nasty, and childish signs on our door's, not to mention sitting on our butts doing nothing, this so called cult is out saving lives.
We do not need to fool ourselves into thinking we are alright just because we believe, the Bible says those doing God's will will be saved, not just those who believe. The Demon's believe yet they are soon to be destroyed.
The early Christians were called a cult by everyone, and guess what, they went about "pushing" their beliefs on everyone, they did it because that is what Jesus told them to do!!!
When Christians go door to door as they should, they are doing two things, looking for the HONEST HEARTED, but their presence is also a warning, reconcile with God, or you may be in line for destruction. When you speak against those who do what they are supposed to be doing, be assured of one thing, you are speaking against both God and Jesus!

I don't hate JW but I just don't like it when they repeatly come to my home and try to push their beliefs in me and convert to their religion. I just want them to have respect for us because all of us have different beliefs and paths in life. :cool:

I agree with you. You're right everyone have different path and everyone have different believes. Me too, I respect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back