how can i tell my date that..

MVP262

Reaction score
Im getting my hearing aids in 3 weeks time. and im scared.
A week after i get my hearing aids, im goin on a date with this guy.
and i want to tell him im HOH and have and wear hearing aids and im proud of it.
but im scared of wot he is goin to say, and stuff.

any advice on how i can tell him, that im HOH and have and wear hearing aids and proud of wearing them.

ask him if he has met hoh/deaf peeps... if he says no, then tell him he met his first hoh person. lol. it'll be okay no matter what... because there is a right person out there for you, and just look at the dating as a weeding process. if he doesnt accept that you're hoh, then to heck with him. :)

Just tell him how u just told us. If he is nasty about it and rejects u cuz of yor hearing aids, then he is not worth it. Better to know before getting deep into the relationship and getting more hurt. I have had that happen to me. Heck, my friend even married a guy who later admitted that he hated her deafness after 10 years together. Now, that has to seriously seriously suck big time.

Im getting my hearing aids in 3 weeks time. and im scared.
A week after i get my hearing aids, im goin on a date with this guy.
and i want to tell him im HOH and have and wear hearing aids and im proud of it.
but im scared of wot he is goin to say, and stuff.

any advice on how i can tell him, that im HOH and have and wear hearing aids and proud of wearing them.

You've pretty much already said it.

ask him if he has met hoh/deaf peeps... if he says no, then tell him he met his first hoh person. lol. it'll be okay no matter what... because there is a right person out there for you, and just look at the dating as a weeding process. if he doesnt accept that you're hoh, then to heck with him. :)

I did say that when i meet people. :lol:

if your date doesnt accept the fact your hoh then you can say this and exactly this

"piss off yah wanker"

other than that if he/she says that they accept it and would like to know more than your set

Back