Hotspot tethering included at AT&T TAP?

Chevy57

Sherlock Hound
Premium Member
Reaction score
Someone said he upgraded my ATT's TAP from $45 to $50 for 3 GB data with Wi-Fi hotspot tethering and unlimited texts. :shock: But no info on AT&T TAP about tethering included. Text Accessibility Plans for iPhone® - Wireless from AT&T

He has called them and they said tethering included with DataPro 3GB with unlimited text. I dont know about it. I will contact AT&T TAP support to find out. Anyone has this data plan on your iPhone?

I will plan to buy new iPhone 5 and may upgraded new data plan or keep grandfathered unlimited data plan.

AT&T prepaid card better than aT&t's tap plan
Prepaid Cell Phone Plans & GoPhone Prepaid phone plans from AT&T

Prepaid Calling Plans

Plan Rate Plan Charge All Nationwide Calls Text Messages Nationwide* Text to Mexico, Canada & 100 countries* Data/mobile Web browsing† (on eligible phones) PlanSmartphone users must purchase a data package to use data services with any plan
$50 Monthly Unlimited Plan $50.00/month Unlimited Unlimited Unlimited Unlimited

View details
$50 Monthly Unlimited Plan Includes
Unlimited anytime minutes

Unlimited Mobile to Mobile
No overages

$50.00

$25 Monthly Plan $25.00/month 250minutes Included** Unlimited Unlimited 1¢ per 5 KB or buy data package

View details
$25 Monthly Plan Includes
250 anytime minutes

0 Mobile to Mobile
$0.1 for additional minutes over 250

$25.00

$2 Daily Unlimited Plan $2.00/day***ONLY on days used Unlimited Unlimited Unlimited 1¢ per 5 KB

View details
$2 Daily Unlimited Plan Includes
Unlimited anytime minutes

Unlimited Mobile to Mobile
No overages

$2.00 day

10¢/Minute Plan N/A 10¢ /minute 20¢ /message or buy a package 25¢ /message sent
20¢ /message received 1¢ per 5 KB

View details
10¢/Minute Plan Includes
0 anytime minutes

0 Mobile to Mobile
No overages

ComputerLover,

Read FINE PRINT.

Pay-per-use data is not available on smartphones.

You can't use pre-paid plan on iPhone.

Someone said he upgraded my ATT's TAP from $45 to $50 for 3 GB data with Wi-Fi hotspot tethering and unlimited texts. :shock: But no info on AT&T TAP about tethering included. Text Accessibility Plans for iPhone® - Wireless from AT&T

He has called them and they said tethering included with DataPro 3GB with unlimited text. I dont know about it. I will contact AT&T TAP support to find out. Anyone has this data plan on your iPhone?

I will plan to buy new iPhone 5 and may upgraded new data plan or keep grandfathered unlimited data plan.

DataPro 5GB for iPhone 4S includes 5GB of data for use in the US. Stream music, download videos, files, and apps; plus send email, surf the web and tether to share your broadband connection with your laptop or netbook. DataPro 5GB is required for use of Internet Tethering or Personal Hotspot. Internet Tethering over Bluetooth or USB requires iOS4.0 and iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4 or iPhone 4S Personal Hotspot over Wi-Fi requires iOS4.3 and iPhone 4 or iPhone 4S. If 5GB is exceeded, an additional 1GB is automatically provided at a rate of $10 for each additional 1GB. All data allowances, including overages, must be used in the billing period in which the allowance is provided. DataPro plans include unlimited Wi-Fi usage on the AT&T national Wi-Fi network. To find an AT&T Hot Spot near you visit AT&T Wi-Fi. For more details on Data Plans, go to AT&T Individual Data Plans & Mobile Share Data Plans from AT&T.

Also try the AT&T Data Usage Calculator tool att.com/datacalculator to estimate how much data you use every month.
Please note: An eligible data plan for iPhone is required. If AT&T determines that you are using an iPhone on your account without an eligible data plan, AT&T reserves the right to add an eligible data plan to your account and bill you the appropriate monthly fee. This data plan covers data usage in the United States and does not cover international data usage and charges. For information on international plans visit att.com/international.

3 GB plan doesn't include tethering and hotspot so only 5 GB plan include these.

*iPhone 6th-gen

Root any Android device and you can usually get unlimited wireless hotspot at no additional cost with custom ROM's

ComputerLover,

Read FINE PRINT.

You can't use pre-paid plan on iPhone.

I beleive this prepaid plan sim card with any smartphones and iphones i know about boost mobile (prepaid sim card) can use iphone see at How to Unlock an iPhone for Boost Mobile | eHow.com

How to Use a Prepaid T-Mobile SIM Card With an iPhone

Read more: How to Use a Prepaid T-Mobile SIM Card With an iPhone | eHow.com How to Use a Prepaid T-Mobile SIM Card With an iPhone | eHow.com

AT&T Go-Phone Prepaid Micro SIM Card for iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S

as stated above

*no tethering option with 3gb plan
*tether is available with the 5gb plan

I know this for a fact as it was the main reason for me going to the 5gb plan

as stated above

*no tethering option with 3gb plan
*tether is available with the 5gb plan

I know this for a fact as it was the main reason for me going to the 5gb plan

$70/mo charge?? too much money.

Root any Android device and you can usually get unlimited wireless hotspot at no additional cost with custom ROM's

Not effective because at&t will block the tethering after 5 minutes of tethering if you don't have plan to enable.

depends on your needs. I only use about 3gb a month, but having access to the internet via my laptop just about anywhere I go is worth is to me

Don't worry. I have my jailbroken iPhone 4 to be Cydia TetherMe which could tether my Macbook and iPad 2 (Wifi only). No monthly charge.

That's no good anymore.
How Does AT&T Detect Jailbreak Tethering? | PCWorld

It will only work for 5 minutes so blocked the internet connection to your iPad.

I know about that. MyWi and PDANet is not good. TetherMe is fine. I never got warning SMS message from AT&T. I won't install Cydia software into my iPad 2. I always turn off personal hotspot setting on my iPhone 4 if not use.

I know about that. MyWi and PDANet is not good. TetherMe is fine. I never got warning SMS message from AT&T. I won't install Cydia software into my iPad 2. I always turn off personal hotspot setting on my iPhone 4 if not use.

I tried TetherMe but locked out by at&t after used for 5 minutes.

Here's the email

Dear -----------------,

This email is to confirm, that we have changed your Tap plan to $50.00 per month, which will include: 3GB Internet data email and unlimited messaging. Hot Spot is included with your package. The plan was backdated to 7-21-2012 to 8-20-2012.

Thank you,

NCCD Support Group

Hotspot IS included with 3 GB. :wave:

Back