Homosexual

BabyPhat21

Reaction score
who is a homosexual here also bisexual???

I am not.....but I grew up by SF so I am cool :)

In my Deaf Culture class - something caught my attention about the gay/lesbian signs - that they dont like it and problems because they have their dual culture - the homosexual and the deaf culture.......I was wondering how do you feel and how is it for you??? Forgive me if I am not making sense here.

Well, I'm gay.

I'm not sure about what you mean about the signs, but I think it is pretty much the same for hearing gay ppl. If a straight person calls them a faggot, it's like calling black ppl the n word. But within the gay world, a gay calling other gay a faggot, it's viewed as a joke. I know that double standard exists and thats what sucks really.

As for signs, I know some ppl dont like the "G" on chin for gay, so they fingerspell GAY instead. Me, I just sign "G" on chin, it doesn't matter to me. I don't like the sign for "faggot" though, or even this word at all. I think it has a psychological aspect associated with this word, a very negative one.

I hope I am making sense and answering your question somewhat.

I do remmy name of community like GLBT in some places. GLBT (Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, & Transexual). Some ppl choice only Gay and Lesbian for some reasons.
For my theory, bisexual still part of homosexual even hetrosexual, too. I still welcome bisexuality ppl into Gay/Lesbian world.

Im not. In Chicago theres a area called Boystown. Its a gay/bi/lesbian community. So Im cool with it. I been there a couple times when I when to get something to eat for the a party at my friend's dorm. First time I was nervous cuz it was near holloween and they were all dressed up. My cousin was with me nearly leaving me behind. Now im use to it and i got friends that are gay and lesbian. They are cool and funny as hell.

I'm gay here... am in the closet around my family but am so out of it and being myself when I'm in other states with my relatives or deaf strangers... I welcome any gay, lesbian, homosexual, bisexual, anything... I don't believe in gay world at all.. I believe in diversity world!

im lesbian

the signs that Kuifje had described is the same way i sign it

im out with my family and friends and i welcome diversity like PDP had said and so has Lasza -- i welcome diversity

Originally posted by Fly Free
im lesbian

the signs that Kuifje had described is the same way i sign it

im out with my family and friends and i welcome diversity like PDP had said and so has Lasza -- i welcome diversity

you dont use the lesbian sign??

Im a lesbain and VERY out with my family and friends, i also like fly free, PDP and Lasza says i welcome the diversty.
my signs for gay is back and forth depending on the location, i also sign lesbain with a L on the chin nothing bad nothing harmful it's just a s i g n nothing discrimting abt it.

Originally posted by BabyPhat21
you dont use the lesbian sign??

ofc i do -- L on chin same idea as Kuifje described with the gay sign as like Javapride has explained as well

Originally posted by javapride
Im a lesbain and VERY out with my family and friends, i also like fly free, PDP and Lasza says i welcome the diversty.
my signs for gay is back and forth depending on the location, i also sign lesbain with a L on the chin nothing bad nothing harmful it's just a s i g n nothing discrimting abt it.

well I heard in my deaf culture class that there is some controversy about how to sign Lesbian... I think there was a journal article......I will post it up here later........I was just wondering......if you heard anything about it or how you feel about it???

Well I do see different of "lesbain" in signs. I think it is crazy see "L" on cheek! I would say it on the chin but me :x I am out of the closet as lesbian but prefer call me as gay. geez

@Allisonjoy this thread is not about if you have GLBi friends, it is about what signs are used. What signs do you use for these?

I think word "Homosexual" is too strong word. Rather use other words instead of that word.

Originally posted by Lasza
I think word "Homosexual" is too strong word. Rather use other words instead of that word.
What would would you suggest we use?

Back