Homophobia / Gay as Choice

Justin, if people are bi or gay or lesbian or monosexual or transexual or whatever, then let them be. As long as the respect is there for each other. Say for instance, Kuijfe tried something on me while hanging out, knowing that I am straight, then he won't be my friend. I worked with this guy named Ray at an old job. Great guy. Did I care if he was gay? Hell no. We both knew and respected each other.

Originally posted by Freaky
"You can't handle the truth!!!" that you're a homophobic bigot!

haha you just made a fool out of yourself. Obviously you cant handle a truth.

Originally posted by prostock19
Justin, if people are bi or gay or lesbian or monosexual or transexual or whatever, then let them be. As long as the respect is there for each other. Say for instance, Kuijfe tried something on me while hanging out, knowing that I am straight, then he won't be my friend. I worked with this guy named Ray at an old job. Great guy. Did I care if he was gay? Hell no. We both knew and respected each other.

I am respecting them, I am just stating that homophobic is considered as a degrading terms.

In fact, I have few homosexual preferred friends, they know how I Feel about them.

Originally posted by Justin Sane
haha you just made a fool out of yourself. Obviously you cant handle a truth.

I can handle the truth that you can't tolerate other people's sexual orientation... you have to respect others for their preferences.

I can handle the truth that you can't tolerate other people's sexual orientation... you have to respect others for their preferences.

Wtf, where did I said that I Cant tolerate with other people's sex orienation?

youre the one who jumping the conclusion.

Justin Sane - I would not call you homophobic unless you did something to say that I was stupid or tried to harrass me or hurt me just because I am gay. Then I would say that. Sexist has a totally different meaning, which means between male and female. Like, if a man said that a woman cannot work, then he is a sexist.

It is same idea if a hearing person called you stupid, just because you are deaf. Then how do you feel? Then you would call him a hearie, wouldn't you? It is exactly the same way I would feel if someone judged me for my lifestyle.

Justin has friends that is homosexual, they know that he doesnt like the idea of homosexuality and it doesnt mean that he is homophobia...

Originally posted by kuifje75
Justin Sane - I would not call you homophobic unless you did something to say that I was stupid or tried to harrass me or hurt me just because I am gay. Then I would say that. Sexist has a totally different meaning, which means between male and female. Like, if a man said that a woman cannot work, then he is a sexist.

It is same idea if a hearing person called you stupid, just because you are deaf. Then how do you feel? Then you would call him a hearie, wouldn't you? It is exactly the same way I would feel if someone judged me for my lifestyle.

I just looked it up, youre right about the term sexist. What I was saying that you dont just do name-calling while youre debating about the issue. Thats not mature way of handling it.

Mature way is to do it bluntly.

Wtf, where did I said that I Cant tolerate with other people's sex orienation?

youre the one who jumping the conclusion.

Justin, if I have offended you in any way, I apologize. You see, Justin, I have gay and lesbian friends and I really respect them for their sexual orientation because they do get some repercussions from society for their orientation. They're born this way and they know they prefer their own gender. Just so you know I'm not jumping to conclusions or anything, sometimes when one posts in a forum, it does reflect off on their behaviour. It's my own opinion... remember, I'm up for a great debate but not for insulting or anything so once again I do apologize if you were insulted recently. :D

I just looked it up, youre right about the term sexist. What I was saying that you dont just do name-calling while youre debating about the issue. Thats not mature way of handling it.

Mature way is to do it bluntly.

I agree with you 100%. When a debate starts to reek of name-calling and flaming, then the discussion is no longer valid.

There will be some people who do not understand that. If they start to call you homophobic just because you don't accept their lifestyle, please just explain to them that you are not trying to discriminate them. Just make it clear that you don't agree with their lifestyle, but will tolerate them and still be their friends.

Being blunt can sometimes be dangerous. It may not always be the most mature way, but being blunt and tactiful would be the way to go.

I definitely agree with Justin Sane..
Todays society, people find it easy to accuse one another for discrimination. Not to go offpoint, but once.. i read an article about a black person suing a police officer for forcing him to remove an article of clothing that the police officer thought belonged to the store that he was shopping in. but the controversial of the story was that the police officer was black as well.
Back to point: what Justin is trying to say basically that he does not agree with the lifestyles most of you lead, but he is not complaining about it. I dont support the lifestyle but hell I dont go around saying that its wrong to be gay. i cannot imagine myself gay.

Well i just woke up and saw this thread and i read each and everyone's comments abt it, and agree with those who discusses the difference of the homosexuality term homophobic, So therefore i have no futher comments abt it I stand by my deicsion like u see me posting something related to gays and lesbains it shows one thing we have our belifs U have ur belifs and whilist i respect ur feelings all we ask is u respect ours and let us be who we deemed to be and post whatever we decide to post weather it be a gay and lesbain thing or not....

I dont agree with homosexual lifestyles. I dont think its normal but I still respect them and i dont try to make their lives hard than it already is.....What bothers me is that when i told a gay person that i dont agree with homosexual lifestyles, he got offended and called me homophobic. I was like WTF! I have a right to have an opinion...He acted as if we are required to accept it with open arms. He is the one who is bigot not me.

No, Justin Sane and some members here are saying that they are tired of being called homophobes when they don't agree with this lifestyle. I can understand that and I agree with them. One is not a homophobic until he actively harrasses gay ppl.

PS:

homophobe = people who have homophobia.
homophobia = fear of gay people
homophobic = adjective, like "a homophobic remark"

Originally posted by NKidd
I dont agree with homosexual lifestyles. I dont think its normal but I still respect them and i dont try to make their lives hard than it already is.....What bothers me is that when i told a gay person that i dont agree with homosexual lifestyles, he got offended and called me homophobic. I was like WTF! I have a right to have an opinion...He acted as if we are required to accept it with open arms. He is the one who is bigot not me.

Here's something you clearly don't understand. Just because they are gay don't mean you should tell them that you don't accept their lifestyles. I meant, do you feel obligated to tell them that?

In fact, it's considered rude if you tell somebody that you don't like their lifestyles.

It's really none of your business and people really should keep their noses out of their lifestyles. It's the same with religious folks, if you tell them that you don't agree with their religion. They'll get mad. That's why it's better to be polite and keep quiet.

I meant, why tell them you don't agree with their lifestyle in the first place?

There's really NO purpose in telling them that at all. It isn't going to change their minds or anything. All it'll do is turn a lot of people off.

That's why we have "manners."

"You can't handle the truth!!!" that you're a homophobic bigot!
heh "Afew good men" was a good movie though

Originally posted by kuifje75
No, Justin Sane and some members here are saying that they are tired of being called homophobes when they don't agree with this lifestyle. I can understand that and I agree with them. One is not a homophobic until he actively harrasses gay ppl.

PS:

homophobe = people who have homophobia.
homophobia = fear of gay people
homophobic = adjective, like "a homophobic remark"

Oh I got the clarification.

A lifestyle is always different in each person. It's pretty much normal to have a lifestyle shock. (Heard of culture shock?)

I probably wouldn't like to be called homophobes when I say something toward a homosexual person.

It's like this movie, "The animal" where this black man was complaining about how he was being spoiled just because he was black. Jeez..

I haven't seen any homosexual like that...but maybe Justin is pointing that out?

HMMM... right now of this minutes I'm feeling like a heterophobic! :mrgreen: LOL

Why don't closed minds come with closed mouths? It's not a preference. Do you 'prefer" women over men the same way you might prefer to eat an apple instead of an orange? If you're only with the opposite sex because it's standard, you have issues. I can't even believe I'm having this argument. You are born gay, you cannot choose to be straight. If it was the standard practice to be gay would you sleep with a man? Yeah, they wouldn't sleep with the opposite sex, either. Next you'll tell me all white people in the south fly Confederate flags, all black people are gang bangers and all arabs are terrorists.

Back