Homophobia / Gay as Choice

Justin Sane

Reaction score
Its funny that gay culture created a nickname "homophobic" to degrade people who are aganist the idea of homosexuality. How mature for you guys to do name-calling to people who expresses their opinion.

-edit

this post is not intended to bash other people, I am just telling you what I see.

Last edited:
Originally posted by Justin Sane
Its funny that gay culture created a nickname "homophobic" to degrade people who are aganist the idea of homosexuality. How mature for you guys to do name-calling to people who expresses their opinion.

-edit

this post is not intended to bash other people, I am just telling you what I see.

Justin -- u are free to have ur own opinions -- but i do not believe that its meant to degrade ppl -- its meant to make a point that the term "phobic" is a fear -- same with what us deafies tell the hearies -- theyre deafphobic -- there are so many ppl now and USA is known as a "melting pot" -- there are ppl who are afraid of other cultures/communities -- the term "homophobic" has been around for decades if not at least a century -- and with today's time and society has become more accepting of the community and there is such a law in ref to hate crimes and yes gay and lesbians are protected under that law if proven that a hate crime occured the offender would be charged with a felony in ref to that -- and in case u hadnt heard -- the US Supreme Court has ruled that gay/lesbian sex is a private matter (this in ref to Lawrence and Garner v. Texas) and the states has no say or enforcement in ref to the sodomy laws that has been in the books since the 1700s

this thread im posting to show u is in reference to the US Supreme Court's ruling --

http://www.alldeaf.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3857&highlight=gays

Originally posted by Fly Free
Justin -- u are free to have ur own opinions -- but i do not believe that its meant to degrade ppl -- its meant to make a point that the term "phobic" is a fear -- same with what us deafies tell the hearies -- theyre deafphobic -- there are so many ppl now and USA is known as a "melting pot" -- there are ppl who are afraid of other cultures/communities -- the term "homophobic" has been around for decades if not at least a century -- and with today's time and society has become more accepting of the community and there is such a law in ref to hate crimes and yes gay and lesbians are protected under that law if proven that a hate crime occured the offender would be charged with a felony in ref to that -- and in case u hadnt heard -- the US Supreme Court has ruled that gay/lesbian sex is a private matter (this in ref to Lawrence and Garner v. Texas) and the states has no say or enforcement in ref to the sodomy laws that has been in the books since the 1700s

this thread im posting to show u is in reference to the US Supreme Court's ruling --

http://www.alldeaf.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3857&highlight=gays

I still stand with my opinion, its still a degrading word.

by the way, it is not hate crime. I am just aganist it, thats all. Its not like you guys had no choice, (for example africans, deaf, handicapped people who didnt have no choice, I understand that)

Gay/Lesbian situation is whole different story.

thats fine Justin -- i still stand by my defination of "phobic" and according to the www.dictionary.com this is what came out for the term "phobic" --

-phobic or -phobous
suff.
Having a fear of or an aversion for: xenophobic.
Lacking an affinity for: lyophobic.

it does not state anything in ref to "degrading" terminology -- but if u feel its "degrading" thats fine with me altho my definition is what i have stated above

Originally posted by Fly Free
thats fine Justin -- i still stand by my defination of "phobic" and according to the www.dictionary.com this is what came out for the term "phobic" --

-phobic or -phobous
suff.
Having a fear of or an aversion for: xenophobic.
Lacking an affinity for: lyophobic.

it does not state anything in ref to "degrading" terminology -- but if u feel its "degrading" thats fine with me altho my definition is what i have stated above

its alright to call yourself phobic, not directly to other people.

by the way, it is not hate crime. I am just aganist it, thats all. Its not like you guys had no choice, (for example africans, deaf, handicapped people who didnt have no choice, I understand that)

I disagree!!! It is not a choice at all. It happens naturally, despite what the popular belief is. Who would really choose to be gay or lesbian if it meant being hated by a majority of the population? I don't think that anyone would choose that. It happens just the same way that straight people happen to develop their love for the opposite sex. It is not a choice at all.

The only choice to make is whether to accept it or not. Same idea as accepting yourself as Deaf or a hearie.

whoa Justin if the only reason you're with women is because of a "choice" you need to rethink your lifestyle. Medical science has proven that homosexuality is determined before birth and can be hereditary. There is a gay gene, believe it or not.

When a woman is pregnant, her body is the infant's entire world, if something traumatic happens to the woman, it also happens to the infant. The highest rate of gay man in recorded history are men who were concieved during WWII because fathers or uncles or other relatives went overseas to fight and the pregnant woman never knew if they would return. No one ever knew if the US would be attacked again- it was war, it was deadly and uncertian. This was when they discovered that the mother's reactions can cause gayness. If the mother is under a high amount of stress while pregnant, her hormones will change. If the stress is emotional, she'll have a raise in her levels of estrogen which can easily make a male fetus gay- the later this dose of estrogen comes in the pregnancy, the more butch he will be. If the stress is physical, the mother's body will produce adrenaline and testosterone which can not only make a female fetus gay, but it can actually make a female fetus grow a penis and "become" a gay man.

Also, there is a gene that is hereditary that can make you gay, the same way there are genes that can make you Deaf. You can't blame someone for being gay anymore than we can blame you for being straight or for being Deaf. Do you know how hard it is for most people to come out of the closet??? Why would anyone choose something that has a possibility of pushing away their family and even some closed-minded "friends"? People don't chose like that, people go with what makes them happy.

And this is something I always tell homophobes (which is not a deragutory word, thoush I can think of a few I'd use) JUST BECAUSE THEY'RE GAY DOES NOT MEAN THEY'RE LOOKING AT YOU. And chances are, they're not.

Originally posted by kuifje75
I disagree!!! It is not a choice at all. It happens naturally, despite what the popular belief is. Who would really choose to be gay or lesbian if it meant being hated by a majority of the population? I don't think that anyone would choose that. It happens just the same way that straight people happen to develop their love for the opposite sex. It is not a choice at all.

The only choice to make is whether to accept it or not. Same idea as accepting yourself as Deaf or a hearie.

deaf and hearing is physical status, while homosexuality is "preference".

Originally posted by Sydlie
whoa Justin if the only reason you're with women is because of a "choice" you need to rethink your lifestyle. Medical science has proven that homosexuality is determined before birth and can be hereditary. There is a gay gene, believe it or not.

When a woman is pregnant, her body is the infant's entire world, if something traumatic happens to the woman, it also happens to the infant. The highest rate of gay man in recorded history are men who were concieved during WWII because fathers or uncles or other relatives went overseas to fight and the pregnant woman never knew if they would return. No one ever knew if the US would be attacked again- it was war, it was deadly and uncertian. This was when they discovered that the mother's reactions can cause gayness. If the mother is under a high amount of stress while pregnant, her hormones will change. If the stress is emotional, she'll have a raise in her levels of estrogen which can easily make a male fetus gay- the later this dose of estrogen comes in the pregnancy, the more butch he will be. If the stress is physical, the mother's body will produce adrenaline and testosterone which can not only make a female fetus gay, but it can actually make a female fetus grow a penis and "become" a gay man.

Also, there is a gene that is hereditary that can make you gay, the same way there are genes that can make you Deaf. You can't blame someone for being gay anymore than we can blame you for being straight or for being Deaf. Do you know how hard it is for most people to come out of the closet??? Why would anyone choose something that has a possibility of pushing away their family and even some closed-minded "friends"? People don't chose like that, people go with what makes them happy.

And this is something I always tell homophobes (which is not a deragutory word, thoush I can think of a few I'd use) JUST BECAUSE THEY'RE GAY DOES NOT MEAN THEY'RE LOOKING AT YOU. And chances are, they're not.

Well, its disgusting for me to think about it. I will stand by my opinion.

MOD'S NOTE: This was going off-topic in other thread, so I HAD to split the threads.

Originally posted by Apocalypse
No Offense to you all, i do agree with Justin Sane...

:werd:

I believe nobody ever born to become gay or straight right away but they will grew up to like the opposite sex or same sex because they chosen to be gay or straight and that's their decisions. That's what Justin was saying all the time.

Justin, have you seen I'm flirting you??? no I just keep my space from everyone, if I meet you in person or anything.. you will think I'm a normal person, etc. I'd never discussed sexual things with anybody unless they asked if I'm gay, I will say yes and it doesn't mean I will bother that person... just that I'm looking for a friend... if I'm looking for a guy I will know where to find but not bother you...

Justin what would you call the word "fagbuster"? Which is used a lot in your other fourm

Originally posted by pimpdaddyposse
Justin, have you seen I'm flirting you??? no I just keep my space from everyone, if I meet you in person or anything.. you will think I'm a normal person, etc. I'd never discussed sexual things with anybody unless they asked if I'm gay, I will say yes and it doesn't mean I will bother that person... just that I'm looking for a friend... if I'm looking for a guy I will know where to find but not bother you...

No, thats not the point of this thread.

Originally posted by Sydlie

Hmmm very intresting post Sydlie...Yeah I have heard something similar to that situation. something about the genes being mixed up and you wouldn't be what you are supposed to be...so i guess my genes got mixed up and so I was deaf anyway so i guess gay ppl aren't so different after all lol

No, thats not the point of this thread.
right but I'm just saying that whoever you hang out with, u will never know if they are gay, bi, lesbian, straigh, heterosexual, etc unless they are very open to tell u about themselves otherwise they wouldn't want to and just keep it as a secret but just being friends and all...

I have to stand on Justin Sane's side. I am against homosexual lifestyle but there is not much I can do. But I have several gay friends and I respect them as much as I can but people still call me a homophobic. Again, I agree with Justin Sane, no matter what definition the society has toward the term, "homophobic," it is still degrading.

Back