Hole-In-Floor Ashtray Apparently Leads To Fire

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by rockin'robin, Feb 3, 2011.

  1. rockin'robin

    rockin'robin Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Apr 22, 2007
    Messages:
    24,156
    Likes Received:
    339
    Location:
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Blaze Caused $30,000 In Damage

    PORTLAND, Ore. -- An official in Portland, Ore., says a house fire that caused $30,000 in damage was apparently started by tenants who were using a hole in the floor as an ashtray.

    Portland Fire & Rescue spokesman Paul Corah says, in his words, "That's not careless smoking, that's stupid smoking."

    He says the caller who reported the fire Wednesday also hung up on the 911 dispatcher, then refused to talk when the dispatcher tried to call back for more details.

    No one was injured.
     

Share This Page

Looking to buy hearing aids online? Check out Hearex.com