Hola !

Franco

Reaction score
My name is Franco and Im fascinated with languages, i really like being able to communicate with others, I am a hearing person.
I work as a full time service agent at Lima airport, and i found myself totally ignorant in front of a pair of deaf passengers which made me feel much selfish and also gave a new vision of what to learn, so since that moment ive been using a youtube channel to learn how to sign and of course it was easy and fun, i think i can speak the basics now, but Its not like i can ask a passenger personal stuff as taught there, so what i would really like to ask, is if you Please could help me with a short "airport topic" dialogue, i would give more details if required, i would be much thankful, i just find it hard to translate into English and then into AsL so any help is much welcome.
I want to be prepared for my next Deaf passengers, and of course using this to share with my colleagues a new idea of how to improve the service we provide.
Just let me know if someone can help and maybe we can share emails or something to keep in contact and exchange info.
May you have a great week!
Saludos desde Peru.

Franco.

Hola bienvenido! Cómo está? I always want to visit Machu Picchu in Peru someday. I hope my body will adapt to high altitude again. Your English skill is excellent. That's great you're helping Deaf passengers there. Do they use ASL or LSP?

Sadly, I do not know Peruvian Sign Language (LSP). I am fluent in ASL. Since you are lucky you live in Lima, you can try to find a deaf school there and ask for advice . I do know Lima has Deaf schools there because I saw a YouTube video a few years ago. I hope it helps.

Saludos!

Hola, since it is an international airline i work for, I just met people using ASL, ive visited the schools in my city looking for at least help with a short dialogue, but i didnt get it, all i want is not to look that silly using my own screen when it happens again, it could even get the attention of others waiting in the line, and feels like unfair.
Would you mind keeping contact in order to help me with this? Or even reviewing if im doing good with my signing? I dont have much chance of practicing here, so any help is welcome.
Gracias!
Franco

Back