HoH new here

Abaird1

Reaction score
Hello, my name is Ana, I was born in Buenos Aires, Argentina, and I was born hard of hearing. My hearing is deteriorating, I'm here in hopes of joining the deaf community and being a part of it, meeting deaf people. I grew up in a hearing community, and I have been able to be a part of it up til now. Now that I became more deaf, I belong neither to the hearing nor to the deaf communities, so I'm pretty much torn. Hence the reason for being here. I hope the deaf community can accept me, as the hearing community has not. Thank you for letting me join.

Best,
Ana Baird

Hello, my name is Ana, I was born in Buenos Aires, Argentina, and I was born hard of hearing. My hearing is deteriorating, I'm here in hopes of joining the deaf community and being a part of it, meeting deaf people. I grew up in a hearing community, and I have been able to be a part of it up til now. Now that I became more deaf, I belong neither to the hearing nor to the deaf communities, so I'm pretty much torn. Hence the reason for being here. I hope the deaf community can accept me, as the hearing community has not. Thank you for letting me join.

Best,
Ana Baird
I do think being HoH is sometimes harder because we don't completely fit in with either group. However, you really do need to learn ASL and seek a community of deaf people to do things with, ask you audiologist for suggestions. Sometimes schools have groups of deaf and HoH that meet together, sometimes it is churches, and still sometimes it is just a group in your area but you may not know that they exist. Do check out the different bulletin boards and the 'What's New" page and join in our discussions.

Some of your old friends and family will be willing to learn to write things down or use their smartphone for speech to text. Most will not, but You don't have to be one or another. We belong everywhere!

Back