Hmm. . . I guess I'm not inexpendable. . .

Xero

Reaction score
Yeah. You guessed it. I got fired. Well, I can see how that could happen; but for the reason they fired me?

5:00 AM -- Wake up, take a shower.
5:15 AM -- Leave for work.
5:30 AM -- Arrive at work, clock in.
5:35 AM -- Say "hi" to boss and get to work.
9:00 AM -- First 10 minute break.
9:10 AM -- Back at my station working.
11:30 AM -- Lunch break. 30 min.
11:35 AM --Go to Wendy's buy a combo. Take two bites, puke all over myself and my car. Since I'm driving I go to a country road -- only a minute away -- pull over and instantly puke some more, followed by a 15-20 minute bout of dry heaves.
11:55 AM -- Start driving home, vomit all over my clothes and myself.
12:10 PM -- Get home, wipe puke off side of my car.
12:15 PM -- Go take a quick shower, and soak clothes in hot water.
12:30 PM -- Called my boss, informed them exactly what happened, and requested the rest of the day off.
12:35 PM -- Get the reply "We're sorry, but we have to let you go"
12:36 PM -- *hangs up*

I mean like... what the FUCK? I've never came in late, never left early, I've always done what I was told to do, even helped others finish their job so we can all get outta there faster. . .

And they fire me for puking? *sigh* Some people, I will never understand.

Geez that's not right... I'm sure you can report to other manager/boss other than the one that "fired" you. By the way, I'm sorry it happened.

:shock: whoa Xero -- that definately sucks -- first off i hope YOU are feeling alright -- sounds like a bad sandwich from Wendy's -- have u called ur supervisor back and asked on what grounds are they firing u for qq u couldve brought ur clothing back to the office and showed them the clothing u had on this morning at the office and the stink of vomit -- that oughta show them something and u had no reason to be cutting out of work and in this situation it was beyond ur control *smh* at the supervisors

ohh and additional suggestion -- go to the supervisors' supervisors (chain of command) and discuss ur confusion on why u were fired and present ur argument to why u were unable to return back to the office in time for the afternoon half of the workday

well.... If i were u what i would have done is just be patinece with puking and go to work and let them see u puke and they would have let u go home early ... sometime the work is idoit to do that !!! but best thing to do is show the real action than over the phone to info... because some ppl do prank and feel bore with job and want to get off for some reasons ... u can appeal complaint to high boss about this to re solve it .. so wish u the best luck to fight back to get job back... or leave it to be that way and find something else to suit urself ..

Nah.

I was going to quit today anyway :) Haha, in november, I had a vacation planned and paid for. I'm leaving this Friday. I asked for the week off, with the explanation that it had been paid for for months now, way before I got the job, the tickets are non-refundable, and so on.

They refused to give me the week off. They also refused to give me tommorow (tuesday) off for a dentist appointment. I had let them know a MONTH in advance, both times I was told it wouldn't be a problem. Then last friday, I was denied both requests.

Fuck 'em I say.

I just posted it because I find it hilarous that they fired me over such stupidity. Anyway, I called them back, and asked why I was fired again, I was given this reason --

They said I was going to work with a "Bad attitude" -- What the fuck ever. I go in with a "shut up and work" attitude. I say "hi" to my boss to let her know I'm there, and go straight to work. I don't fuck aroud, I don't spend 1/2 th day talking like everyone else does, I work until I get my job done, and then help others finish my job. I offer help where I can give it, and am one of the more well-liked employees there, by my fellow employees and my employer. I don't know where they get this from.

They also told me that I left early 3 times last week, without permission -- Yet, I can go look on top of my dresser, and see EVERY timecard (I stamp two at a time, one for the company, and one for my own records) from that week, signed by my supervisor, with a written time saying what time I was dismissed from my station to go home, they're all within 4 minutes of each other (the time it takes to walk to the clock that you stamp it with-- forget what its called).

Oh, well.

Dude, it's their lost. Just have to find another job, which isn't the easiest thing in the world to do. Good luck man.

well, did you punch out to go out lunch? bec if you don't then i guess thats one of reasons. i was going to out to lunch my first time long time ago same place where i currently work. my boss, she suggusted me not to bec if i still punch in and i go out to lunch and get in accident or whatever, the company will get in deep trouble...so if go out lunch, you need to punch out.

Back