Hiya !

kelseeya

Reaction score
Hello, everyone!

My name is Kelsey, and I live in Pennsylvania in the US. I’m hearing and I’ve always wanted to learn ASL, but I’ve never been able to find classes at home that are affordable and work with my student schedule :c luckily, I’ve been using Dr. Bill Vicar’s youtube channel and website and I’m finally starting to pick stuff up!!

Unfortunately, because I’m learning online and not in class, I don’t necessarily have anyone to sign with—it’s just me in my room practicing and following along with the lessons. Since I know signing with people is going to be the best thing to improve my skills as well as to really be able to make friends in the Deaf Community, I’m trying to meet people!

If anyone’s interested in being penpals I would LOVE to chat. I live in a really rural area so finding meetups hosted by people who are Deaf or HoH is virtually impossible and I don’t have my own car to get anywhere busier.

Regardless, so very nice to meet you all! :)

Hello, everyone!

My name is Kelsey, and I live in Pennsylvania in the US. I’m hearing and I’ve always wanted to learn ASL, but I’ve never been able to find classes at home that are affordable and work with my student schedule :c luckily, I’ve been using Dr. Bill Vicar’s youtube channel and website and I’m finally starting to pick stuff up!!

Unfortunately, because I’m learning online and not in class, I don’t necessarily have anyone to sign with—it’s just me in my room practicing and following along with the lessons. Since I know signing with people is going to be the best thing to improve my skills as well as to really be able to make friends in the Deaf Community, I’m trying to meet people!

If anyone’s interested in being penpals I would LOVE to chat. I live in a really rural area so finding meetups hosted by people who are Deaf or HoH is virtually impossible and I don’t have my own car to get anywhere busier.

Regardless, so very nice to meet you all! :)
Welcome!

Are you plannng to relocate and get a car so you have better job opportunities? This can be a tough field to succeed at if you are that rural and far from job assignments, and yet without transportation.

Just something to ponder.

Back