Hi!

Dork

Reaction score
I found this forum by doing a search. I am a musician with hearing loss; I wear BTE hearing aids in both ears. I play piano/keyboards and teach full-time, I'm also the organist at a church. I live in Connecticut, (47, married,2kids) and I'm seriously interested in meeting other deaf/HOH musicians. Most of the sites I've found for deaf people are "dating" sites in which I am totally not interested. (I love my wife and am not looking!) Anyway, I've been dealing with this hearing-aid thing for a over two years now. I believe it has made me a better musician, and the sound of the piano-keys does a wonderful thing to me that I've not experienced in years. (I thought I was getting old and "jaded"). I'm hoping to meet some more of you all.

Hi Dork! You are not alone. I'm also a hearing impaired musician (guitars and bass) and I wear digital BTE aids. The digital aids have made a world of difference in my enjoyment and ability to hear what I am playing. I'm also the regular bassist in my church band and playing every Sunday has been a big boost to my skills. Having a regular gig helps with playing in a group setting and I've had a blast so far!. I also have 2 kids and a full time job. Keep up the good work.

Back