hi there

darts180

Reaction score
hi there, new at here. I'm gary, 34 years old and deaf since birth. it runs in family. I gothink a question, you see in like doing long distance running but it buggers my hearing aids up lol once duing a half marathon in got soaked and hearing aids died but came back after an hour but eventually had to be replaced as so much water damage over time from winter training runs. now even in the summer where you sweat more and drips on to aids, they make a decending sound or crackling sound and then cut off. it's really annoying. I don't like like taking my hearing aids out while running. I like to hear if any cars are approaching from behind or if anyone is talking yeah. care to share some advice for this. thanks.

Hello welcome! I don't know these would work for you but I seen a few times about hearing aids that you insert in your ears. Maybe those would work better since your ears will then limit moisture exposure from getting within?

I'm not sure those sort of hearing aids are powerful enough. sure I heard it's only for small amount of hearing loss. I've got below 40 percent from the normal hearing level, and the audiology people always say you just need more volume lol and keep pestering for the cochlear implant but I will not accept that yet. im happy with just 2 hearing aids. I did order these special 'sweat band' it's like a cover but not sure if it will protect aids well. I'll have to try it when they arrive. I run with a running club so people are always chatting while we are running so I need to keep aids in and have a solution again sweat and rain effecting aids.

I'm not sure those sort of hearing aids are powerful enough. sure I heard it's only for small amount of hearing loss. I've got below 40 percent from the normal hearing level, and the audiology people always say you just need more volume lol and keep pestering for the cochlear implant but I will not accept that yet. im happy with just 2 hearing aids. I did order these special 'sweat band' it's like a cover but not sure if it will protect aids well. I'll have to try it when they arrive. I run with a running club so people are always chatting while we are running so I need to keep aids in and have a solution again sweat and rain effecting aids.

Honestly if I were you I would find another audiologist if they are actually saying those things. As for those aids, I wouldn't give up on seeing if they improved. Remember those bulky tan colored aids? Look what we came to even in the last couple of years. Who's knows there may be small enough powerful enough processors to this day. After all they broken months if not a year ago that "myth" that said that transistors can only be as small as 5nm or whatever it was.

Hello and Welcome! I wish you luck finding durable hearing aids. Maybe look into waterproof hearing aids if they exist yet? I wouldn't know as I'm totally deaf and don't even wear hearing aids.

Back