Hi my name is victoria maloney!!

Victoria_9298

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

My name is Victoria and I go to a High School in Bridgeport, Connecticut. I have to take this class called capstone where we have to make this big project in order to graduate. I am one of a group of 7 people. For our project we need to collect some data from the your community. I wish the best for everyone and if I somehow offend anyone by asking you to fill out this survey I am deeply sorry and don't mean anything bad at all. So I would truly appreciate it if some of you could take the time to answer the questions on this survey, that would be amazing.

Thank You So Much!!!!!!

Link to survey:
tinyurl.com/SCEMMP-V

What is an ASL keyboard?
Hi,
As of right now I do not know if an ASL keyboard exists. The purpose of capstone is to make a new invention or take an already made invention and make it better. The purpose of our ASL keyboard helps people with hearing disabilities and non-hearing disables to be able to learn and grow with each other. We want to make an app that adds a keyboard to your phone that will allow you to send phrases or letters in sign language. We want to also add some GIFs (a short clip that plays on a loop). The GIFs will be phrases like "hello" or "how are you". Simple phrases.

Hi,
As of right now I do not know if an ASL keyboard exists. The purpose of capstone is to make a new invention or take an already made invention and make it better. The purpose of our ASL keyboard helps people with hearing disabilities and non-hearing disables to be able to learn and grow with each other. We want to make an app that adds a keyboard to your phone that will allow you to send phrases or letters in sign language. We want to also add some GIFs (a short clip that plays on a loop). The GIFs will be phrases like "hello" or "how are you". Simple phrases.
I'm thinking that people who are ASL fluent would prefer to sign to each other over their phones or computers rather than spell things out with a keyboard. In cases of text conversations, such as email or messages, a traditional QWERTY keyboard will suffice. If the ASL user is literate enough to spell with the ASL alphabet he or she should be literate enough to spell with English ABC's. If the ASL user isn't literate enough to spell at all, then the keyboard won't make a difference.

Yes, I've known Deaf individuals who couldn't spell at all with either English text or ASL ABC's. They needed to see the signs, period. That meant either signing directly with another ASL user or thru some kind of video relay service with an interpreter.

Fyi: those things already exist for mobile phones, also a Deaf created app for sending messages in ASL and if I recall Well also BSL

Hi,
you got blind mixed with ASL.... there would never be any such thing as an ASL Keyboard....Just Brail and that is already done.

Deaf people use AVA (Communicate Beyond Barriers) app. I haven't tried it.

Saw AVA ads on Facebook. It's great, but it would hinder others to learn ASL. Just saying.

Oh, I forgot to tell you about AVA developer. I think he is greedy. He should have lower the fee. Want to pay $29 per month for using AVA?

Back