Hi, My Name Is Marie, I Am Deaf And Am Looking For New Friends

Thank you very much!!!!! I'm scared that she might try to lock me up for that!!!!!!!!!!! Not sure how to tell her no and to leave me alone. Shes told others to discourage me from using any form of sign language....:(
That is discrimination and you can't be locked up for reporting this. When I was going to college rehab helped pay for my hearing aid and I had a case worker that I didn't like and I asked for another one and I wasn't locked up. You should call the Office of Discrimination and get a case worker to help you . You have every right to use ASL or any sign language you want .

my HL is conductive in both ears. which means my hearingbones are not connected to each other for some odd reason. my HL in my right ear is moderate-severe and the HL my left is severe to profound. The reason she doesnt want me to use sign language is because she doesnt think i am deaf as i talk without an accent. in otherwords she thinks i am faking being deaf, when i am not. She also thinks that deafies deserve to be locked up...she not very nice to me.

ASL is somewhat confusing to me. i need a tutor to help me understand the ASL sentences. I use a mix of SEE and ASL, not sure what that is called. I was raised with SEE/oral method. I hate the oral method. I have a counselor who is hearing and hates me signing to the point of mocking the sign language that i know.
Mixture of ASL and SEE is called Pidgin Sign Language. Can you switch to different counselor? You shouldn't be dealing with this.

my HL is conductive in both ears. which means my hearingbones are not connected to each other for some odd reason. my HL in my right ear is moderate-severe and the HL my left is severe to profound. The reason she doesnt want me to use sign language is because she doesnt think i am deaf as i talk without an accent. in otherwords she thinks i am faking being deaf, when i am not. She also thinks that deafies deserve to be locked up...she not very nice to me.
OMG ! Where are you going that allows a person like that to work with deaf and hoh people??! You really need to report this person there is no way hell I would let them get away with . She is the one that should be arrest! You really need get a new person to work with and report this monster to someone.

https://www.disability.gov/resource/washington-state-office-of-the-deaf-hard-of-hearing/

I found this web site , don't let this jerk violate your rights , she needs to be reported and you do not have to put with her crap ! Who told you to use this person lf someone did they need to know what is going on. She needs to be stopped b/c she sound like really bad news .

what would be the reason she locked you up for using sign language?

And the reason she told people not to let you use sign?

What is the cause of your hearing loss? As in diagnosis
The cause of my Hearing Loss is congenital sensorial neural. my mother is deaf, biological father is deaf. I fired my counselor shortly after the post i posted in 2016. Father died in 2006 after his heart exploded.
I need to look up deaf jokes on computer. Then will add a deaf jokes thread on here. I love this place. P.s. i have my pentacle to bear. I feel free here!!!

I am not deaf but I understand about the teasing. My Friend was teased for being deaf and supposedly being "disables" which I didn't see it because she was normal. she was different but in an amazing way. I learn ASL because of her and I am happy I did.

Let me introduce myself, my name is Marie i am 33 years old, deaf, single, looking for new friends. tried to look for deaf chatrooms, support, etc. But have not found any that are deaf friendly. I'm deaf and have been teased all my life because of it.
Hiya! My name is Adrienna I'm 24. I'm hearing but I've been looking for deaf friends. I think it's cool that you're deaf because you're privy to such an awesomesauce culture. It's nice to meet you!

Let me introduce myself, my name is Marie i am 33 years old, deaf, single, looking for new friends. tried to look for deaf chatrooms, support, etc. But have not found any that are deaf friendly. I'm deaf and have been teased all my life because of it.
Hi There! My name is Kelli I am hearing and would love to make new deaf friends!:)

if you don't mind a lonely old lady to be friends with ... i'd love share with you ...

this is a deaf community! no one will tease you here. although i am hearing, i want you to know that you are loved, and you should be proud of who you are. if you ever need a friend, i'm your girl!

Hi my Instagram is signsunshineanddonut I would love to be friends

Hello Im Haili and im from Olympia, Tumwater, Lacey area and looking for deaf friends I was wondering if anyone from these areas?

Back