Hi, My Name Is Marie, I Am Deaf And Am Looking For New Friends

You are quite welcome! Glad to have helped you understand what deaf culture is like and how to get a deafie's attention.

Welcome to AllDeaf dot com! My name is Ryan and I am from North Texas. I'm 33 and am single and deaf and I use a cochlear implant to hear. I still know ASL and I participate deaf socials in North Texas. I'm on here to create new friends whether they are in Texas or from another state. Anyways, welcome to AllDeaf! Enjoy!

Hello welcome to AD. Sorry you get teased. I have an older cousin that still teases me from time to time and does fake ASL to me asking what it means.

That not right or fair. i am dating a hearing person and i love him. I havent said i love you yet to him. i speak little bit but prefer sign language

Aloha Marie,
My name is Melanie, I am hearing. I am very new to ASL sign language. I wont ever make fun of you and would love
to make a new skype, or chat acquaintance with you. I'm probably a little to old to be a friend, but we can try if your ok with that !!! :)
my SKYPE name is Melanie808state

Hi there , I understand what you are going though , I started going to & I graduated from MONTANA SCHOOL FOR THE DEAF & BLIND IN GF , MT& I had went to a hearing school that has 2 class room ful of kids that go to the same class room with hearing kids with a sign language i on staff or one teacher that knows sign l go in in LACEY , WA & Then I went to hearing school in LT, MT that was hard for me !
I have a voice that few people understand & use ASL all the time .
I am only one born deaf & have problems sent born that I have to deal with for ever but fine with me !
We can talk more later & maybe friends .

that awesome corey!!!! my mom refused to send me to Washington State Deaf School in Vancouver...She could have gotten help to send me there but she too stubborn and made life hard on me. i tried to go to the regular college, but they kick me out. they don't like me there, they say i reoccuring student. i didn't like that school anyways. they were rude to me and very disrespectful. i was taught via speech therapy to speak, but hate talking...i want to sign in ASL!!!!! I love ASL now. so many different type of sign languages in the USA!!!!!!

that awesome corey!!!! my mom refused to send me to Washington State Deaf School in Vancouver...She could have gotten help to send me there but she too stubborn and made life hard on me. i tried to go to the regular college, but they kick me out. they don't like me there, they say i reoccuring student. i didn't like that school anyways. they were rude to me and very disrespectful. i was taught via speech therapy to speak, but hate talking...i want to sign in ASL!!!!! I love ASL now. so many different type of sign languages in the USA!!!!!!
:mad: I can't that kind of crap is stilling on being kicked out of school for being deaf . This happen to me in my second year of high school , it was around 1964 or 65 .
I am so sorry this happen to you.

I know you're looking for a deafie friend but if you want an open minded hearie (I just joined)

I just started learning and would love to learn from someone who can actually sign!

Hey! I just got the idea today to find a deaf forum and here I am. I'm currently trying to teach myself ASL as well. Using bill vicars videos and looking at song interpretations (songs that I've made sure are not just signed English). Although I realize some words may be different where I am but I can work with that when I take college courses.

I'm currently a junior in high school and I am very interested in learning sign language. I do not know of anyone who is deaf and there is no one at ,y school that I am aware of that is deaf. So until I meet some, I'll just resort to here to learn what I can. So:whip: Hi :)

My name is Miriam, I am hearing. I am very new to ASL sign language. I wont ever make fun of you. I'm not going to speak with my voice only my hand are my voice.

my SKYPE name is kidoasl

Hi, Marie!! Nice to meet you! I'm around the same age (32). I am hearing, but have been teaching myself some signing ever since I learned a little from the interpreters for the 4 Deaf students in my class in 6th grade and fell in love with the language. I just decided to go back to college to become an interpreter and I'm almost done with ASL 1. I have one Deaf friend. He uses SEE, not ASL, but my program is teaching me ASL. My friend said he wouldn't think I was a student and that I sign very well. If you're interested, send me a message and I'll share my Skype ID. Maybe we can Skype sometime and get to know one another. :) Either way, Welcome to AD!

ASL is somewhat confusing to me. i need a tutor to help me understand the ASL sentences. I use a mix of SEE and ASL, not sure what that is called. I was raised with SEE/oral method. I hate the oral method. I have a counselor who is hearing and hates me signing to the point of mocking the sign language that i know.

ASL is somewhat confusing to me. i need a tutor to help me understand the ASL sentences. I use a mix of SEE and ASL, not sure what that is called. I was raised with SEE/oral method. I hate the oral method. I have a counselor who is hearing and hates me signing to the point of mocking the sign language that i know.
What a jerk that counselor is to you should ask for a new one and report the one you have for mocking you . You shouldn't have to put up with that.

What a jerk that counselor is to you should ask for a new one and report the one you have for mocking you . You shouldn't have to put up with that.
Thank you very much!!!!! I'm scared that she might try to lock me up for that!!!!!!!!!!! Not sure how to tell her no and to leave me alone. Shes told others to discourage me from using any form of sign language....:(

Thank you very much!!!!! I'm scared that she might try to lock me up for that!!!!!!!!!!! Not sure how to tell her no and to leave me alone. Shes told others to discourage me from using any form of sign language....:(
what would be the reason she locked you up for using sign language?

And the reason she told people not to let you use sign?

What is the cause of your hearing loss? As in diagnosis

Back