Hi! Looking to make friends and to practice/improve my ASL.

MsLulu

Reaction score
Hi, I would like to get better at signing. I'm 32, I am an avid reader, writer and would like to learn ASL fluently. I can hear and would like to converse well with friends who sign. Pretty slow for now because I don't have anyone to practice with. I like to cook, watch sunsets and have long meaningful conversations. Looking to make friends too in the process.

Last edited:
Hello! I am in a similar position. I am hearing, so I am not sure how much I can help, but maybe we both know some signs that we can teach each other. I know a bunch of random vocab, simple sentences, and took an ASL course from the Texas School for the Deaf here in Austin, Tx; but it was virtual. Learned a lot but not as much with having actual conversations.

If you would like to chat (and put our mics on mute so we don't cheat lol) I would be happy to practice together.

I'm almost 21 and been signing for over 11 years. I dont really have many ppl in my life that sign and am always looking for new friends that sign/to help teach! I have Glide and Marco Polo for signing.

Hi, I would like to get better at signing. I'm 32, I am an avid reader, writer and would like to learn ASL fluently. I can hear and would like to converse well with friends who sign. Pretty slow for now because I don't have anyone to practice with. I like to cook, watch sunsets and have long meaningful conversations. Looking to make friends too in the process.
Im just know replying,If you still need help,Im willing to help you out.please let me know

Hello! I am in a similar position. I am hearing, so I am not sure how much I can help, but maybe we both know some signs that we can teach each other. I know a bunch of random vocab, simple sentences, and took an ASL course from the Texas School for the Deaf here in Austin, Tx; but it was virtual. Learned a lot but not as much with having actual conversations.

If you would like to chat (and put our mics on mute so we don't cheat lol) I would be happy to practice together.
I work with another friend from texas,maybe three of us can meet sometime.please let me know.please email me at koreygeer@msn.com.

Hello, my name is Ashley I'm 31 from Michigan. I'm a sign language interpreter and I was hoping to jump on here to find friends and to help build up my skills

Welcome to the site. I am enrolled in ASL IV this semester and have also been looking for fluency practice.

My name is Ellie. I am also 32. I work in the mental health care field and am my agencies Deaf Advocate.

If you would like to practice sometime; I'd be happy to try.

Take care

Hi there! Thank you for your response. I will definitely take you up on the offer to practice together. The more, the merrier. I will inbox for the finer details.

I'm almost 21 and been signing for over 11 years. I dont really have many ppl in my life that sign and am always looking for new friends that sign/to help teach! I have Glide and Marco Polo for signing.
I’m almost 21 too and I’m just getting into sign language. I haven’t taken any classes but I’m excited to meet people I can learn from I’ve never heard of Glide or Marco Polo but I’m willing to try either if you would be willing to be friends and maybe teach me

I’m almost 21 too and I’m just getting into sign language. I haven’t taken any classes but I’m excited to meet people I can learn from I’ve never heard of Glide or Marco Polo but I’m willing to try either if you would be willing to be friends and maybe teach me
I'd love to! Both are apps similar to Snap but great for signed convos. @vkbteto, you can add myGlide!

I have a sorenson VP, I can give you my vp number,or we can use facetime,I can give you that number too,or we can use facebook messenger.

Back