Hi I'm a mom of two who homeschool

Dcormier

Reaction score
Hi I'm a mom of two married to a wonderful husband. Looking for female friends to learn sign language. I used to know it but have forgotten everything. I am teaching myself again. But think I can learn better doing chats. Than just watching videos.

Hello and welcome aboard! Good lucking finding someone to sign with. :)

You have a wonderful husband, why not practice ASL with him?

Hi I'm a mom of two married to a wonderful husband. Looking for female friends to learn sign language. I used to know it but have forgotten everything. I am teaching myself again. But think I can learn better doing chats. Than just watching videos.
You should check with the deaf community around you to find a group that meets up. It is possible too, that some of the schools/colleges and/or associations may offer courses so you can practice with others. That is much better than learning online, you can only get so much over the media. Much better in person. This is something that is really, really helpful so learning it and learning to sign correctly are important. Kudos to you.

Also churches. There is actually a church for the deaf in one of the cities that I lived in. However, a few of the churches had allowed signing services in with their regular hearing services and often times there is a whole section set aside so that the deaf and hearing impaired can sit together.

Back