Hi guys, I am joining any forum I can to talk about the Draeger interlock device... my name is Marta and I am from Maryland.

SydneySinister

Reaction score
Hi. My Draeger interlock device has overheated and failed four times this month. The first time was in nj at the start of the heat wave, my husband did not drink in the morning, attempted to start it, it took about 10 minutes to warm up and then failed, no problems after that. The next morning I had the same issue, hot af, and over ten minutes to start properly, and failed. After that, warmed up and functioned fine. Then, I was at work all day, I work at a Christian daycare/school, it was in the hot parking lot, and took over ten minutes to start up again, and failed. Then once the weather cooled down, it worked fine. Then again just now, a mere 90•, and it took almost 13 minutes to start working, over a minute to analyze, and failed. Once again, I had not been drinking. This is my fourth violation in one month. I had only had one in the whole time I’d had it, and I admit it, that time I know why I failed. The Draeger interlock people insist that there is no issue, and that out of 150 clients, I am the only one in my area that this has happened to. Despite the fact that it overheats, and falsely violates you... one can also get a violation from energy drinks, menthol cigarettes, a number of other things. Ultimately saying that , it can malfunction at any time, and those that ruined their lives in the past and made terrible choices, will continue to get punished for them. I want to know if anyone has had this issue with their interlock, be it Draeger or not. We need to get the word out so that these devices do not cause any more frustration or ruin anyone else’s lives more than they’ve already ruined it themselves. Please respond with actual information that would be helpful, I’m looking forward to any feedback on the issue, but I also know there will be those few fools who write “well you should never drink and drive to begin with, and then you wouldn’t have this problem”. So In advance, thanks to those ignorant imbeciles. And a huge thank you to whomever actually has anything interesting to say.
Peace
Marta

So, You got DUI arrested while driving school bus with full children? *facepalm*

Please respond with actual information that would be helpful, I’m looking forward to any feedback on the issue, but I also know there will be those few fools who write “well you should never drink and drive to begin with, and then you wouldn’t have this problem”. So In advance, thanks to those ignorant imbeciles. And a huge thank you to whomever actually has anything interesting to say.

I don't think anyone here can help you... and as for calling people 'fools and imbeciles'... well the interlock device is for repeat DUI offender in most cases. You can't blame people for telling you this and that, you have to live with that. There is people who is against DUI and had lost loved ones or victim of DUI driver.

Last edited:
I don't drink alcoholic beverages. That makes me a fool and imbecile? Nope. You're playing a victim card. Don't tell me I don't know. I've seen what my drunk violent sis-in law did to my brother.

You picked this wrong forum. Go talk to your sponsor and AA meetings. We are wrong people for you. Earn your coin if you want to take care of yourself.

This is a weird choice of forum to complain about the interlock device.

Back