Hi From Columbus, Ohio

chuck2975

Reaction score
Hi all...

I guess I'm the one who is trapped in the middle. I am deaf in my left ear and profoundly deaf in my right. I wear a H.A. and get by with hearing. Hearing people seem to dislike me because I can't always hear them and groups are not a good thing. Deaf people don't want to waste their time as they think I can hear.

I think I have it better than hearing people... I sleep very well... I prefer closed captioning on my tv than the noise.... The t-coil on my h.a. is great with my ipod. At home I prefer no h.a. I like the peace and quiet. I can read lips. I wish I could find someone who is gay...deaf and would like to spend time with me. Im not a bad looking guy. I'm far from a greek god though lol...

The only reason I worry about being without my H.A. is work. I am going to be downsized at the end of the year. Right now I work in an office environment. The economy is making it hard to find another similiar job. (sigh)....

Aside from that...Life is good. Would love to make new friends on here....

Chuck

Hello Chuck. Sorry to know about your job. I am sure you can make many friends here.

:welcome:

Thats Ok...I almost put CMH in the introduction... :) Im near clintonville...north east side.

Hi Chuck and Welcome!!

Southern Ohio here.

I am hearing, my husband - AD member ran256 is HOH w/HA's.

He feels the same about pulling out the HA's when he gets home.

Several Ohioans on here. Wish we could all get together for a Meet/Coffee Chat/ or Silent Dinner sometime.

I am from Columbus and I am also gay. :)

I am hearing though, but always trying to make new friends. :)

Hi chuck, welcome...I have a new hearing loss and hubby HoH w/bilalat. HA's <congenital - birth mother had Rubella>. He sleeps pretty well too...

sorry about job, hubby looking for work here -good luck to you!

Hi, Chuck,
Welcome to AD. There's a huge Deaf community here in Columbus, and we have at least 2 Deaf social events every month; the ASL social on first Fridays in the Northeast (near New Albany) and Deaf Professional Happy Hour on the 3rd Fridays DPHH: Columbus, OH. Come join us sometime!
:welcome:

Back