Hi from California

Mudkipz

Reaction score
Before I introduce myself, I'd like to say this.. (I copy and pasted my other posting and this looks good without swapping words around!).

I was born deaf which is profoundly deaf with no hearing at all (of course). I have been wearing Cochlear since 1997 (I was 5 at the time) and after a while (10 years...), it wasn't enough for me and had to step it up! After a bit of researching on picking what I will wear for my brand new and "dead" :)() ear, I decided to go for AB Harmony as my audi told me that Cochlear company was gonna make a Nuclear 5 upgrade for people who couldn't get it with the old internal device. AB had me hooked after reading many blogs on people wearing AB implants and have had success with them. Blah Blah blah and thought it would be cool to have both companies and I would "update" often to maximize my hearing potential! Anyways I had surgery on my new ear on July 30th, 2010 and got activated on the 20th of August. Loaded with advices, tips, recommendations and a new goal, I was excited to walk down a new path/journey that will change my life forever... From "beep beep bup bup" sounds in the beginning to... extended sounds at different volume levels making the sounds/noises more realistic, but still rather 'dead' on September 20th. I have a journal posted on different site and it tells my progression in DETAILS..: http://www.hearingjourney.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=33&threadid=4849&enterthread=y (Mention that I have never heard sounds at first on my right ear...)

Finally... My name is Carlos, 17 years old and I just started college with a transfer program going from community to a Uni in California. I have not decided what career I'm going for.. :)(). Love to ride Dirtbikes, play soccer, and play games! I have a channel on Youtube for those who are interested on how I ride my dirtbikes out to track with my implant or those who are fans!! Combined with College classes, My job on a dairy farm, and this... had me always something for me to do...

Thanks! It's hard to describe what I'm hearing lately, but it'll do! :) :wave:

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. Have fun reading and posting all the threads here. See you around here. :wave:

Hey thanks for the welcome! :ty:

How you guys doing? How you add a signature or do you need to have a specific number of posts to show that I hang around here? I'd understand... :cool2:

What a day... my dayoff from work and I had a good sleep... :lol:

Back