Hi again!

coolgirlspyer90

Reaction score
Hi Guys! sorry that I've been so busy for so long.. I graduated from my community college and now attending Ohio University for my BFA in Graphic Design! But I am in need of some help with some Art history homework. I am suppose to find answers on the internet (not from my book) on Greek Art History but I am struggling to find the answers. I have completed 20 questions but I am in need of some help finding 4 more answers. I'm hoping if someone here on All Deaf is an art history major or could help me in some way it would be great!

Here are the following 4 questions:

1) Who was the sculptor of the Charioteer from the Sanctuary of Apollo at Delphi: Kritos, Exekias, Euphronios, Phedias or None of the above? (I want to say none but I wasn't sure if Kritios was the sculpture of the Charioteer)

2) Which Building contained the earliest known museum to house a collection of paintings for public view: Erechtheion, Propyleia, Temple of Aphaia at Aegina, Parthenon, or Theater at Epidauros?
(I had answered Parthenon but it was not correct).

3) Which of the following does not apply to Exekias "Ajax and Achilles playing a game": Black figure technique, Profile viewpoint, overlapping, diminution, or archaic?
(I asked my professor if profile viewpoint was the right one but I guess it wasn't?)

4) Which of the following occurred at a later date than the others: Corinthian Order, Ionic Order, Pediment, Doric Order or Entablature?
(I had Ionic order down but It wasn't correct so I have a gut feeling it is Corinthian order but I wasn't sure if it is the right answer since the internet has me confused)

Again, I have found 20 answers already for my paper but in need of help finding answers for 4 more questions. I've been going at this for a couple hours now and (its due on friday this week) but I'm hoping someone would help me. I'm hoping this is the right thread to put it in but if not admin can move it to a different place. Thanks!!

I am not an art expert from all over the world. I love art. I did not take classes in art.

I was thinking and wondering maybe you continue to search your questions with answers from the University library or regular library. Or you can google to find your answer to the questions. This might help you. You just have to fight to find the answer to 4 questions. Don't give up. :D

Hi Guys! sorry that I've been so busy for so long.. I graduated from my community college and now attending Ohio University for my BFA in Graphic Design! But I am in need of some help with some Art history homework. I am suppose to find answers on the internet (not from my book) on Greek Art History but I am struggling to find the answers. I have completed 20 questions but I am in need of some help finding 4 more answers. I'm hoping if someone here on All Deaf is an art history major or could help me in some way it would be great!

I don't know what to say. Your professor is so weird and asked you to seek answers online. My Art history professors would find it appalling. I guess, the times had changed. Greek Art history isn't my thing, but I read the books and had learned a lot about it than finding out information online... I feel uncomfortable giving you answers. I feel like I am cheating with you. Ha! But I can give you some hints, so you can find answers.

1) Who was the sculptor of the Charioteer from the Sanctuary of Apollo at Delphi: Kritos, Exekias, Euphronios, Phedias or None of the above? (I want to say none but I wasn't sure if Kritios was the sculpture of the Charioteer)

It isn't Kritos.

2) Which Building contained the earliest known museum to house a collection of paintings for public view: Erechtheion, Propyleia, Temple of Aphaia at Aegina, Parthenon, or Theater at Epidauros?
(I had answered Parthenon but it was not correct).

Nope, it wasn't correct. Look up the architect named Msesikles. ( I hope I get the name right.)

3) Which of the following does not apply to Exekias "Ajax and Achilles playing a game": Black figure technique, Profile viewpoint, overlapping, diminution, or archaic?
(I asked my professor if profile viewpoint was the right one but I guess it wasn't?)
Study the vase. Understand these terms carefully.

4) Which of the following occurred at a later date than the others: Corinthian Order, Ionic Order, Pediment, Doric Order or Entablature?
(I had Ionic order down but It wasn't correct so I have a gut feeling it is Corinthian order but I wasn't sure if it is the right answer since the internet has me confused)
Remember, Doric Order is earliest. Type in Classical orders or classical architecture and you will find the answers there.

Good Luck.

I don't know what to say. Your professor is so weird and asked you to seek answers online. My Art history professors would find it appalling. I guess, the times had changed. Greek Art history isn't my thing, but I read the books and had learned a lot about it than finding out information online... I feel uncomfortable giving you answers. I feel like I am cheating with you. Ha! But I can give you some hints, so you can find answers….
I agree. Searching on the internet is exactly the opposite of what I would expect.

I don't understand why her professor asked her to seek answers online. It's like violating the code. I'm surprised Ohio University Art department would permit it.

I don't understand why her professor asked her to seek answers online. It's like violating the code. I'm surprised Ohio University Art department would permit it.
Especially directly asking other people on-line to help. I can understand possibly an exercise in how to use the internet for learning research options. If that's the case, then it's the research process, not the answers that are being tested. But just asking other people for the answers kind of negates that. :dunno:

Especially directly asking other people on-line to help. I can understand possibly an exercise in how to use the internet for learning research options. If that's the case, then it's the research process, not the answers that are being tested. But just asking other people for the answers kind of negates that. :dunno:

Eh, I'm not sure. I don't know what that professor told her how to use research options. It doesn't feel like the research process to me. It's the shortcut process without understanding the whole picture. For instance, the third question she had posted is very easy. One of my art professors gave us these terms and explained what they meant. He trained us to observe objects, vases, and buildings and asked us to answer what we observe and name terms on the pictures. It is similar to biology class. A professor asks you to observe cells through microscope and tell what you see. In my art history classes, I wasn't given any multiple choice assignments and tests. We had to memorize terms, names, locations, and dates.

Eh, I'm not sure. I don't know what that professor told her how to use research options. It doesn't feel like the research process to me. It's the shortcut process without understanding the whole picture. For instance, the third question she had posted is very easy. One of my art professors gave us these terms and explained what they meant. He trained us to observe objects, vases, and buildings and asked us to answer what we observe and name terms on the pictures. It is similar to biology class. A professor asks you to observe cells through microscope and tell what you see. In my art history classes, I wasn't given any multiple choice assignments and tests. We had to memorize terms, names, locations, and dates.

I know. I was trying to give the benefit of the doubt.

These days, who knows what colleges are doing. :dizzy:

This was called cheating when I went to school if you had someone else do your school work for you. And you got a big fat F if you got caught .

Yeah When I was at Sinclair, we were required to use books and we were told to use the internet as a last resort. But I asked my Professor why we should be using the internet for this paper and he said that sometimes some of the information isn't up to date in the books and he wanted us to get information that was up-to-date to the current times. He said this "homework" using internet for research purposes is a one time thing for us. He wanted us to experience and understand both purposes for using books and internet for research. He also said that some of the information that other students are learning, aren't in books because they either found new information or new artifacts that professors want them to see and learn. Which I guess I can understand but they said its rare they let students use the internet for homework. They still require students to memorize things by their powerpoints, books, and still require us to write papers (the end of this semester I am required to write a 6+ page paper based on a painting I chose for Art History).

I don't know what to say. Your professor is so weird and asked you to seek answers online. My Art history professors would find it appalling. I guess, the times had changed. Greek Art history isn't my thing, but I read the books and had learned a lot about it than finding out information online... I feel uncomfortable giving you answers. I feel like I am cheating with you. Ha! But I can give you some hints, so you can find answers.

It isn't Kritos.

Nope, it wasn't correct. Look up the architect named Msesikles. ( I hope I get the name right.)

Study the vase. Understand these terms carefully.

Remember, Doric Order is earliest. Type in Classical orders or classical architecture and you will find the answers there.

Good Luck.

Thanks Barbro!! I gave up on the internet part (but i'm not telling my professor that) and I used my textbook. I kind of found a few answers but I'm still having that gut-feeling that one of these answers I may have circled isn't write. but Here's what I chose for the answers:

1) None of the above- I had to really read the words in my textbooks (and i used the internet for this one since my professor wanted us to use it) and I think i read somewhere that this statue has an unknown artist. I know and remember in class we talked a lot about Kritos and Euphronios and Phedias but I wasn't sure if this was a trick question when I saw this question. It kinda went over my head, we did not talk about this statue a lot in class, it was just things we were told to learn about on our own.

2) Propyleia- The internet wasn't any help so at that point I gave up using the internet and turned to my book and I had to read carefully about the buildings and I found that word and that was the answer! (I hope)

3) diminution- I had to read the terms again and try to remember these words. I actually had memorized these words when I was at Sinclair but it been awhile since I was in an art history class (I took an art history class about 3-4 semesters ago) But I think diminution was not a part of this vase. At first I thought overlapping didn't apply to the vase but then I saw some of the overlapping (the swords overlapping Archellies and Ajax) and then decided the diminution wasn't applied to this vase.

4) Corinthian Order- I never studied the orders before at Sinclair so this was new to me and kind of threw me off. but I looked in the book again and I tried to figure out what they meant by pediment and entablature, and realize they were like a "decoration" (please correct me if i'm wrong), so I shift my focus to the orders and i reread the book again and chose Corithian order.

I hope i got these answers right! Sorry for not checking in, This week got me crazy busy. Plus OU is still in the process of figuring out my design credits from Sinclair, which has been going on for a couple months now.. So I'm hoping that it'll get figured out before I have to register for spring classes!!

Thanks for your help!!

:wave:Congrats on your community college degree and on your plan to achieve your BFA!

I took Art History in high school <it was an arts specialty high school> and some in college and enjoyed it but all I remember at moment is "Doric", "Ionic" and "Corinthian"....glad Barbaro helped you out-

What other art classes do you have?

Back