hey! what's up?

Seether

Reaction score
hey everyone. I'm new here...so uh, just saying hi. Also, curious as to what other careers I can have in the deaf community (other than interpreting). Ask me questions if you'd like.

<3 Seether

Hey welcome! Are you deaf or hearing?

You sound like you're a hearing since you do interpreting? There's also some social works that you could do with deaf children. Interpreting is not the only occupation that some hearing adults have to be helping out in the hearing impaired field. :D

Make some posts around the board to make yourself more interesting to the rest of us! :D

I'm hearing and I'm going to college to major in psychology. I was looking at interpreting as a career, but I'm just looking for back up plans, just in case I can't handle it.

I'm a musician. I play the sax. I also play sports (softball and football).

I really don't know what else to say. It's far too early in the morning/late at night for me to be thinking too hard.

Well, there's a lot of careers when it comes to helping people with special needs. Rehabilition services is one of them too. Social worker is one of them too. That'll give you an idea where you could get started.

Yes, many of those careers has requirements as at least 4 years of college degree. Psychology major would help you get started in one of those careers. I wish you good luck and feel grateful that we have an extra hearing person who is here that would be glad to contribute to the deaf community.

:wave: welcome to AD!!!!!!!! enjoy ur stay!! we do have some hearing folks here on AD :)

Welcome to AD. I like ur avatar. Really kewl!!! FlyFree's right about some hearies here around AD. Enjoy ur time. :)

Originally posted by Seether
hey everyone. I'm new here...so uh, just saying hi. Also, curious as to what other careers I can have in the deaf community (other than interpreting). Ask me questions if you'd like.

<3 Seether

a BIG hello to you, Seether! You could be a counselor or guidance counselor for the Deaf or work within the deaf community at services in helping deaf people find jobs, etc, etc.?

You didn't provide enough information on what skills you have and how you'll implicate them into a job......

By the way, welcome to AD! :)

Goldie

Back